1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need info for dell inspiron 1501 battery and charger

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by johndoe, Nov 1, 2010.

1. johndoe New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. JF-AMD AMD Rep (Server)

Thanks Received:
    I believe those are correct. I have 2 1501's at home, but I am at the airport right now. Be careful on used batteries. Battery life is only ~1 year on a brand new battery, it can be much lower on a used or refurbished battery. Refurbished batteries are only cleaned on the outside, there is no way to refurbish the actual battery on the inside.

3. jagd

Thanks Received:
    Hi JF nice to see you here ,ill hijack thnread a bit about 68** series cards ,can you forward my question to vga division?
    This is what dave bauman said for 68** cards at widescreengaming forum
    "fundamentally, in terms of the display clock sources HD 6000 is the same as HD 5000; there are two sources for legacy devices and one source for DP (which can be shared accross multiple DP outputs)."

"The card has two DVI ports, two mini- DisplayPort and one HDMI port. AMD's display output logic is clearly superior to what NVIDIA has to offer at this time. Vendors are free to combine six TMDS links into any output configuration they want (dual-link DVI consuming two links) - and use them all at the same time. AMD has also introduced DisplayPort 1.2 support with their new cards which allows the use of a DisplayPort hub to connect multiple monitors, or daisy chain them together. "
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6870/4.html

how many clock sources 68** series have? iirc 5*** series had 4 =2 dual link outputs for DVI-HDMI , if Dave is right than 68** have 4 clock sources =2 dual link output not 6 ( DP does not need clock source if my knowledge is correct)

If 68** have 6 clock sources how is configured atreference 68** cards?

4. JF-AMD AMD Rep (Server)

Thanks Received:
    Actually I can't. I make it a rule not to get involved in the other lines of business outside of server. The first time I start tracking down answers for people I will be doomed to continue that. I do all of my forum surfing on my own time or in between flights (like this morning.)

Sorry.

5. JF-AMD AMD Rep (Server)

Thanks Received:
    And just so you don't think I am a jerk because I answered the notebook question, I did that because I own them and know from personal experience.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  7. johndoe New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would never buy a used battery or charger i want to buy new 1s and the links i posted are for a new battery and charger thank u i just wanted to be shure they will not do harm to my laptop and up my performace bc my top is running slow bc battery ad charger are dieing so my top is running slow thank u for the info i was shure these will work for my comp i just wanted some info thanx

8. popuine New Member

Thanks Received:
    inspiron 1501 part

Yes you need the new dell inspiron 1501 battery for the laptop,when you select the battery, Be careful about the warranty and battery cells.number and capacity of each battery cell affect battery life a lot, the power supply should be the standard one meet your original adapter's specs.
    BTW,you can take some tips helping you how to extend the dell 1501 battery life here:
    http://www.battery4us.com/dell-notebook-batteries/dell-inspiron-1501-battery.htm