1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need new wireless laser mouse!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by horik, Mar 29, 2011.

1. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    I have a 6 years old Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse(first laser mouse) that feels kinda laggy and the sensitivity is less than what i want for games,so i need a new mouse FOR GAMING(mainly FPS),what do you people recommend?
  2. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
  3. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    looks great,will search for some reviews.
  4. Ramirez

Ramirez

Thanks Received:
  5. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    If you have a limitless budget, I would definitely go for the RAZER Mamba. If not, try the RAZER Orochi...or a Logitech or this or that etc....I could name a bunch, but its all user preference really. I've been looking for a mouse for a while and finally found the right one for me 3 mice later.
    horik and Jack Doph say thanks.
  6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Logitech G700
    horik and TheLaughingMan say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I would steer clear of the R.A.T. mice. I had a R.A.T. 7, and it was the worst mouse I've ever owned. There were obvious defects with the design, they chose a very poor sensor for tracking vertically, the software was buggy, etc. I promptly returned it.

My vote would be the G700 or the Mamba.
    horik says thanks.
  8. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    Logitech G9 or newer G9x have worked well for me. I have 2 MX1000's and they are great for all day real world work.
    horik says thanks.
  9. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    G9's aren't wireless...
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I vote for the G700 as well. But I am bias because it is the mouse I want to replace my MX Revolution with.
    horik says thanks.
  11. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been using mamba for almost 2 years (95% of the time in wired mode, never liked wireless mouses for gaming, not to mention mamba has to be recharged on the station, it doesn't have spare batteries and the batteries lasts like 2 days maximum.) and recently changed to a R.A.T. 7, Really happy about the R.A.T. 7, best mouse I've ever owned (@DanishDevil, you sure your R.A.T. 7 isn't faulty? I don't experience any of your problems, or they have improved it afterwards?), and I have had G9, various razor mouses(And I would never recommend their products).
    If you have to go wireless, and budge isn't a concern of yours, get the R.A.T. 9,
    but I'll have to say again, wireless mouses are just not reliable enough for gaming for me.

Edit: About mamba, I hated the firmware updating software of theirs, I bricked my mamba twice coz they didn't state clear that it won't work on Win7 at that time, the mouse was really buggy and flickering around without firmware updated, way too sensitive, even set on the same DPI settings with my other mouses, if I had my sub too loud, cursor shakes for no any movements on the mouse. And the scroll wheel had the worst quality compared to any high-end mouse I've ever owned. Rubber on each side goes/slide off really easily after awhile, and it doesn't have any weight arrangement designs. Those are all physical aspects. The mouse also disconnects randomly with auto-profile-changer assigned programs, : D not very often tho, and the profile changer was really buggy at the first place. You'll have to reconnect couple of times, and it still won't work for hours sometimes. I had to carry a spare wireless mouse in case this happens, I was like"quickly switch to other mouse if this happens" : D got owned couple times online just because of this stupid bug
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    horik says thanks.
  12. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    thank you all ppl,i will chose Logitech G700,seems to have all that i need
  13. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1484148&highlight=cyborg rat

This details the numerous problems. I bought it on release; Not sure if they changed anything.
  14. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    MX1100

if you loved the MX1000 so much, perfect for ya.

[​IMG]
    horik says thanks.
  15. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    just found this in a bit tech review, i dont know if you want it for gaming but it dont sound good wireless.

From here-

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2010/09/20/logitech-g700-review/1
    horik says thanks.