1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need OC help with Phenom X4 9950

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by beyond_amusia, Dec 1, 2009.

1. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had this over clocked before, but I did a BIOS update and it cleared out my settings... Someone on here helped me OC it last time, but I cannot locate the posts regarding it all. -_-

So, I basically need to know what voltage I need to set my CPU and NB at, and what multiplier I need (x13.5 I think is what it as last time for 3 GHz)

Yes, I feel like a dumb ass, but this is only the second time I've OCed an AMD machine, so bear with me, lmao.

This is a picture of the settings - same rig that's in my specs to the left.

[​IMG]
  2. Meow9000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    simple setting for 3ghz are

Vcore 1.375v
    Multy x 15
    fbs 200

Leave the NB as it should be ok, unless your also clocking your ram. As usual all this will differ between CPUs and Equipment, so tweak around till you hit a sweet spot.

Edit: just spotted something. your NB is 0.6v, but the default on my board it 1.0v so i dont know what the diffrence is there. maybe its just chipset.
    beyond_amusia says thanks.
  3. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, I'll give it a try after I get another post up - gonna try to get this thing streamlined, lmao.

EDIT - when I select manual it goes to screwy ass settings rather than the defaults, and if it's on Auto, it shows even weirder settings, like a x 31 multi for the CPU and NB and a 1.55 v for my CPU.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, got in there and realized I had another question - the NB multi - is it the same as the CPU's multi? Also... The voltage on the NB... Is there a way I can locate what the current voltage is? I tried CPUZ but it don't show the voltage for the NB. -_-
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    AMD Overdrive works well to see the voltage. However I would leave the NB alone and all voltage adjustments alone until you are more familiar with the bios and OC.
  6. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright - I tried changing the NB voltage and had to clear the CMOS, so yeah... =/ I guess I'll just give up for now.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    People say how dangerous OC is. However they do not tell you why. Read this thread.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=109411

Understand SOME of the dangers before you begin your adventure. :toast: Overclocking can be fun and a great learning experience but you have to be careful and know EXACTLY what you are doing and more importantly how to UNDO what you did. :laugh:
  8. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    That's what I did with my 9850 I had. Watch your temps though...
  9. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    All you should need for 3.0 is set the multiplier to 15 (15x200=3000). The stock voltage should be plenty for the mild clock. Leave the other settings to AUTO.
  10. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    GL getting it stable past 3.2GHZ, ive had two 9950's before and I could not get stable past that. I really tried, but I was on air.
    dont forget to set ACC (on all cores)to something like +4, it really helped in keeping it stable for me.