1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need OS Help for Ancient Laptop

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by mcph3rson, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mcph3rson New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey.. so I purchase a lot of computers locally and off eBay.. to sell on eBay.

And one of em that I picked up and left in the back of my truck for the past 2 months is a Compaq Evo N410c - It originally wouldn't power up but just 10 minutes ago I swapped its ram and powered up.

You're probably wondering why I'd want this thing if I already deal with a lot of computers.. reason being is that.. I can't afford to keep everything I come in contact with. And number 2 reason is that.. I actually like this laptop. And it's got a good battery too.

It's light weight and I like the screen. I generally use an iPod touch to walk around the house and out and about to check my eBay and emails or w/e.

Now its got a Pentium III-M 1.2 GHz. Now I know that's on par with say an iPone proccessor clock speed.. not getting into bus speed or anything.

But basically I want it to be able to browse the internet and occasionaly watch a YouTube video without it sluggish.

Is this possible? And what would be the best lightweight OS to use? I've used I believe.. Linux Lite.. something in the past. But am not a Linux guy.. so I don't know.

Also without googling and getting your input.. what would be a good lightweight browser for this OS?

Thanks for any help.. appreciate it.

2. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU