1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some advice on settings for my card x850 pro agp

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Fireball667, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Fireball667 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all,
    Since i've had to reformat i've lost all my neat little settings i had in CCC for my card, and i have a few questions.

Do Ati cards just work better when their AA/AF filters are on? Or is it more a whole system thing?
    Do i have to have shader 3.0 support to even play some of the newer games?
    Shes at stock speeds atm, shes unable to be unlocked ( R481 core and a E in the wrong places in the reference in ati tool =( , so im not sure what a safe clock speed would be )

What is Cat AI and is it needed?

Any other tips links or whatever would be appreciated ;)

oh it has a AC Silencer 5 rev2 on it so temps are pretty good atm, about 35c idle

TIA

FB
  2. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    shader 3 only really matters when you have lighting and HDR and all that stuff...if you dont like the lighting (like me :D)...the x8*0 cards rock, cus they are very fast :)

R481 core should get you to around 600Mhz on the core, and your mem should be 1.6ns, so that should get you to 600Mhz too (i just got my 1.6ns to 630 and ran 3dmark05 fine :))

especially w/ that AC ;)
  3. Firedomain

Firedomain New Member

Thanks Received:
    my 1 & only sugestion is to OC it to a X850 XT PE using the TPU article on it.

i did with my PRO & i DOUBLED my frame rates in ATITool!!!!!!!!

(i was unable to keep the XT PE speeds with the stock fan coz it'd overheat.
    but with the Silencer i have no problem running those speeds)
  4. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    remember, if your using ati tool to overclock, and your getting artifacts, enable "use older (more compatible) scanning method" under artifact scanning in settings ;)
  5. Fireball667 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok well so far the find the max core got to 577.XX before the PC rebooted. Im gonna try memory now i figure i can set the core to 565 safely the temps were 51/45 deg cel.
  6. Fireball667 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Og got the core at 564.55, mem at 620.55 and im running the artifact scanner see how it goes =) temp is 51/45

EDIT: After about 3mins comp rebooted, not sure if thats core or memory gonna keep at it tho =)
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  7. ARTOSOFT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Enable "use older (more compatible) scanning method" does give me more overclocking without artifact on ATITool. But it give me artifact in my game. So I uncheck that option for sure.

Maybe just my case.

Regards,
    Arto.
  8. Firedomain

Firedomain New Member

Thanks Received:
    i found that the comp restarted at higher memory speeds.:banghead:
    also flashing it gave me more OC space.:)
    & an extra 4 pipelines.:D

i only left the speeds at XT PE speeds. i could do more, but am happy with it now......:twitch:

ARGH.. stuff it.... now i wanna see what i can hit....:slap: without blowing up the comp:cry:
  9. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol see how high it can go, but dont leave it at that. imo, its not worth it :p...like u might get a combined extra oc of like 50mhz...so its not gonna make *that* much of a diff ;)