1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some help figuring out this problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 25, 2013.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    bump

2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried setting the game's shortcut parameters to disable visual themes and desktop composition? I used to get that error message now and then, but since doing that I don't anymore. Then again I've only played the sp of that game.

[​IMG]

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    if you're not actually out of ram, the warning is harmless isnt it? i would disable that nonsense (not sure if it's in control panel or a reg entry)

i see a ton of reports of ati users with a bf4 memory leak, but i'm not familiar with nv

4. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Ill try that and see what happens.

Harmless yes but very annoying as it knocks me to desktop

5. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    2 ways to fix this.

Play with classic desktop like windows 2000 look or use a modded theme in basic color like black.

On my windows 7 drive I use a basic black theme and never have to worry about this issue you have.

6. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Ive tried doing this and it still minimizes me to my desktop.

That is not a solution. I want Aero Glass. That's really the only reason im still on Win7. If I wanted to get rid of it then I would go with Win8.

7. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Did you do any kind of modification to the game executables? like LAA? Also did you upgrade from 4 to 8GB with the original sticks?

What processes do you have running? Your not capping memory but something might have reserved it. If you go into memory a program has reserved the system treats it as memory used.

8. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Not using any modifications at all. Just running them default.

I upgraded the kits all together. Bought some G. Skill Snipers which are the 8GB up from 4GB of G. Skill Ripjaw X's .

Edit: here are the processes im running at any given time without BF4 or any other game running.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    play again. and wait for it crash. when it does open up resource monitor. (make a shortcut) and i think on the memory tab (i think its still in win 7) and see if anything is using a ridiculous amount of COMMIT

10. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    It is still in Win7. I have it open now and ill jump into a game or even a game benchmark (as that sometimes triggers it too) and see what happens and Ill get back to you.

11. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    Try this and run it while running BF4 you will need to supply the game executable. It will log to C:\ CPUMON.txt you can use that to better understand what is happening.

Attached Files:

12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    And Aero is disabled with my suggestion automatically anyway, then automatically re-enabled when exiting the game. If that didn't solve it, I doubt switching to Classic view permanently will.

The only other thing that may have solved that problem for me was the fact that when I got my SSD, I put my page file on a secondary partition of it, but I also have only AV and FW as background progs.

13. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Doing it your way still made me get the message about windows is low on resources and it was recommended that I disable aero blah blah blah. However, now im getting it much less frequently it seems for whatever reason. I have my page file set to a 250GB hdd seperate from my SSD.

14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    If you've verified that themes were disabled by seeing the taskbar go solid color when the game launches, that's why. Aero itself can suck up a fair bit of RAM.

Of course there's other things that affect system performance, like the condition of your registry and MFT, and even how well your SSD performs TRIM functions.