1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some help with booting

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Tazzrin, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Tazzrin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I just recently bought parts for my new computer and it is my first time putting one together. I have a couple guides and read the manuals that came with my parts, but for some reason after I plugged everything in I can't get the computer to boot up. I'll see a fan light turn on for a split second and then nothing. I'm not sure what the problem could be but I have an idea that I may have messed up plugging in a cord incorrectly somewhere somehow. However, I've done a check on it and still can't find the problem. Any ideas?

:banghead:

:rockout:

2. itechnics New Member

Thanks Received:
    check your power plugs and make sure they're connected to the MB in the right plug -- also. make sure the p/s plugs are secured.

3. GameSinewPCs

GameSinewPCs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Start removing things that you don't need. Start with just the PSU plugged into the CPU, Motherboard and GPU where necessary (with the cpu fan plugged into the motherboard). See what happens, are there any beeps on startup?

What are your full system specs? and pictures are always welcome to help solve problems

4. paybackdaman

paybackdaman New Member

Thanks Received:
    add your system specs, this will better allow us to help you, but the best advice is to make sure all plugs are secure, remove RAM, PCI, AGP, PCI-E, etc cards out, then reseat, re-connect molex, 4-pin/6-pin/8-pin connectors, 20/24 pin connectors, SATA connectors. But it would be better if we knew the specs because it could be a compatibility issue.

5. kyle2020 Guest

system specs would help. sounds like either a PSU problem or something not seated correctly IMO. hopefully you have picked compatable parts or else this could give you a headache ;)

6. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a older bios? If you don't know try booting with an "OLDER" CPU. Something like a E2180/Celeron/Pentium4/Etc... If you can boot flash bios to newest version then insert the chip you bought and boot. Check to see if the motherboard 20+4pin is connected and so is the EATX12Vpin connector.