1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some ideas pls

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Firebeast, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Firebeast

Firebeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey i have this big ass server case which is very sturdy and good built quality.

Now i want to pimp it up a bit but have no idea what i should do. Only problem is that the drive bay or the case is very wide so fitting a dvd rom or drive one need some brackets or such. Any ideas on how i can make it easier.

I can also fit in 2 mobo's that's how big the case is. Offcoarse i need to cut out a piece of the side panel and insert a see through side.

So some ideas pls!

Attached Files:

2. Spacegoast

Thanks Received:
    geeze, that thing is huge!!!! i just wonder how airflow will be affected through such a massive case. i would imagine cooling would suck. but you could drill some holes in the motherboard back plate to make cable management a little easier. or just hide the wires behind the motherboard itself.

i think it would look cool painted too. is any of that stuff removable, like the hard drive cage? paint the case one color (black) and the removable parts (if any) another color or 2 (red, orange, blue, etc). or get some UV wires and throw in a cathode tube light or some LED's to show off the cables.

these are just some simple suggestions off the top of my head, but there is a lot you could do to that case.

3. Firebeast

Firebeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thx for ideas dude, yeah she is HUGE, but i also think one can really play around and make something nice out of it.

Concerning airflow, i think i can slap some 15 fans in there thats how much space there is.:laugh:

4. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd love to have a case like that, lol.

5. Firebeast

Firebeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    you can put plenty pc tech cats in there :roll: