1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some information about PSUs

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kuroikenshi, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    Howdy folks! Well I am trying to do a little bit of redesigning with my machine and one of the places I am going to hit up is my power supply. With that I am wondering if some of you have a list of, or better yet, links to PSU's that have detachable part's. I think this would be ideal for me to help clear up some clutter from my machine and improve air flow.

With that, is there a reliable way to see how much actual wattage I am using in my system? I think my current 700w is over kill for what I am currently running (specs are in my profile). Still any information would be appreciated.

Also keep in mind that I will sooner or later upgrade to a new video card which will be at least a ATI HD 4870... I may wait and get the 4870x2 when it eventually comes out maybe even crossfire down the road but not anytime soon.. Thanks once again! :cool:

2. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    I recommend the Corsair modular series (if that's what you mean by detachable parts). I personally have the Corasir HX620W and it's modular which means I dont have a shitload of wire cluttered inside my case (well, not from the PSU anyway :cool:). I think any maufacturers listed on this PSU guide: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=39758 that sell modular PSUs whould be good for your system. A 600+ Watter should be good enough for a 4870 and a 700+ for the 4870x2.

Hope that helps :toast:

kuroikenshi says thanks.
  3. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    That it does! Thank you kindly! :toast: