1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NES Zapper mouse?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Dark Matters, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Dark Matters New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm making an NES PC soon, but I also want to turn the Zapper into a wireless mouse that aims and "shoots" to point and click. Has anyone done something similar or know how this would work?
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have been throwing around ideas on this as well. What board will fit in a NES?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    the most popular is mini itx or nano itx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    WiiMotes have been connected to PCs and used with homemade sensor bars, though I don't think the guts would fit into a Zapper.

To help with placement of a mini-itx board in my own NESputer, I printed out the attached PDF and cut out the board (thick paper helps).

Since it's primary purpose will be to emulate old consoles, I think I'll go easy-mode and just fit a board, storage and power inside. Though with more modding it's possible to have a board, half-height video card, storage, and a slim-optical installed, but power would be external.

Attached Files:

5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    LOL this is so awesome! I still have my NES from 1989! Its so old and dirty but still work (Or atleast comes on)
    Crunching for Team TPU