• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Netgear ProSAFE XS728T 24-Port 10GbE Ethernet Switch

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Who would steal Ethernet cable? Doesn't seem very lucrative...

Same people that stole the condenser coil and tubing from the A/C unit at a place I worked for some years back. A unit worth thousands of dollars stripped for $20 worth of copper at a scrap yard.

So it isn't lucrative, just stupid.

System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
Who would steal Ethernet cable? Doesn't seem very lucrative...

you know nothing, jon snow! (it all comes down to raw material price and quantity and local average income and poverty levels.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_theft

Same people that stole the condenser coil and tubing from the A/C unit at a place I worked for some years back. A unit worth thousands of dollars stripped for $20 worth of copper at a scrap yard.

So it isn't lucrative, just stupid.

And that also! Just that usually it's way faster and easier to sell just copper (and other metals) to some scrap metal buying up place who asks no questions, than to actually find some place to sell your varied length and quality wires or tech.

People here steal even just plain steel manhole covers and train rails off the tracks ffs. It's just not stupid but criminal and dangerous and can cause deaths. Article not from here (but it might have been just that also), but just google result for "rails stolen":
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-28311240

Last edited: