1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by 95Viper, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Do you miss that warm fuzzy feeling of those two little displays flashing in your taskbar, as your network transfers data.

Well, I found this - Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7 , it won't hard to find it,; a little thing called Google helped. But, I have been running it for while and it works. No real usefulness, except to get your lights back. Looks like he added a couple of bits of info options when you right click on the icon in the taskbar:Network Traffic and Network Statistics.

To Igor Tolmachev (the author), my thanks for bringing my little lights back.:)

He, also, has a couple of other little programs, like, Network Lights. This little program supposedly, will blink the keyboard LEDs, indicating outgoing and incoming network packets.

I ain't tried that one, 'cause on my new keyboard, there are no LEDs for those keys.

EastCoasthandle says thanks.
  2. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Huh, didn't know anyone paid attention to that in XP.

3. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    I did. It showed me exactly when my ISP fucked something up. There was a time when there were spontaneous outages, so that flashing light at least took the surprise from me.

4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    For all you gadget lover's.
    Well, I thought I would add this: Network Meter updated to version 4.

[​IMG]

Done by Keats and here are all the nifty gadgets he has.