1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Network Card Installation Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Castiel, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Ok I have a old IBM w/ Windows 98 and I have a network card and I am wanting to install it. Well I have a network card designed for window 98 and I have the drivers for it, and when I install it, it asked for the window 98 OS CD and I dont have it. Now Is there a way where I can install it and use it without having to use the 98 OS Cd. I have 2 other network cards that I can use. Have any ideas that could solve my problem?

The reason for this is I am trying to enable this computer to play me with my computer on a lan with COD 1 and Wolf. Enemy Territory.

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    Try canceling out when it asks for the Win 98 CD and see if it still works fine.

3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    If it is an OEM install of win 98 try directing the installer to C:\Windows\Options\Cabs. This is like what i386 is to Win2k/XP.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Ok I got onto the right track to installing. Now in the process it come to the middle of installation and it ask for Windows 98 Second Edition Cd. Now I dont have that CD, is there any alternatives????
    Or what?

5. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    Do what I suggested, just hit cancel on the dialogue box for the CD and see if it will install ok.