1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEVER buy visiontek.. EVER...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by D007, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    woah! lol. getting a little angry are we.

My first high end video card was a x1950xtx and it was a Visiontek and it was great.
  2. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    From what i read i think he is not complaining about the video card but about the customer service.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I though enthusiasts were smart enough to not tell the company they replaced the cooler and overclocked the card, because pretty much every company voids the warranty if you do those things. But I guess what constitutes an enthusiast has changed since back in my day...
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Well then don't be and idiot with the card resulting in having to RMA it lol. I have only had to RMA things that was my own fault. and most customer server from these vendors are similar policies. If you remove the cooler you void the warrenty at that instance.
  5. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    I'm upset that I didn't pay more attention to the details. I got use to using companies that supported enthusiasts and I assumed most of them did and it wouldn't be an issue. I clearly told them I had another cooler on it, I never tried to hide it.. They voided my warranty because of that.. I didn't break the gpu, it was bad and it died because it was bad. I'm just mad I'm out 300 bucks because I treid a new company, when I should of just stayed with who I am use to and who supports enthusiasts.

Lesson earned is a lesson learned they say. I just paid 300 bucks for that lesson.. XD

PS: wtf is wrong with you people? Throwing out insults all over the place, calling me an idiot and stupid?
    People make mistakes and so have you..
  6. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    You always have to read the fine print,
    My specific XFX card is warranty void if i remove the cooler i checked with XFX to be sure when i seen one of those stickers covering a screw.
    I was told that only certain cards could have cooler swaps and still be RMA able, likely the reason i got it for 210 when every other 6870 was 250.
    D007 says thanks.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Dunno if I missed it or not, but how did Visiontek know you used an aftermarket cooler? I had to RMA a couple 4870's to them a couple years ago and didn't really have an issue. Both cards had aftermarket coolers, I just put the stock coolers back on before I sent them back. Most companies will not accept RMA's if they believe the card has been modified.
  8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    And even with the cards that support it, you have to contact XFX first and get approval from them, otherwise it still voids your warranty.

D007 keeps going on about how he is used to dealing with companys that allow this, but other than eVGA, no company allows it. So I'd like to know what companies he's talking about.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  9. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for a cordial reply.. I keep saying "my mistake" but people in here seem like they just want to throw insults.

Maybe you'd like to see the thousands of dollars I have spent on EVGA products? Stop talkign like you know something. you don't.. And your tone is just rude in any way you look at it.. Where did you learn to talk to people?
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow people.. Grow up. :slap: Considering almost half of the posts in this thread were reported, it would be almost abusive of myself to keep this thread open any longer.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    m1dg3t says thanks.