1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEW 19" Samsung Widescreen. Restarting My Computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by JdPower, Jan 13, 2007.

1. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    So like the title says, whenever I change the resolution in CSS (game) counterstrike source, it puts up a black screen and then my computer restarts. I dont know why its doing that?

Reinstall drivers maybe? Desktop Resolution is 1440X900 in game is 1280X1024. Also after I play for about 1hr i exit CSS and the computer restarts???? :confused:

TIA
    J
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I don't think your monitor is causing that. It would be unusual indeed. I would look more toward something wrong with your vid card or PSU.
  3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Try this...

Open CCC > Digital Panel properties> and check and see if both "DVI Settings" boxes are checked.
  4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    sounds like a vga problem, check if you have a buildup of dust on the fan or your cpu may need some more paste
  5. evil bill New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have VPU Recover enabled in your Catalyst settings? What refresh rate do you have the monitor set at and do you use Enable Vertical Synch in CSS?

Whatever your monitor is trying to do its clearly stressing out something but as is said above I doubt its actually the monitor that is at fault.

I have a 19" Samsung Widescreen too but have always played CSS at the native res of 1440x900 cause it looks squished otherwise. Does it still do it if you use this res?
  6. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think I figured it out guys. I installed analog drivers for the monitor instead of digital. I reinstalled the digital drivers and everything seems real good. Played CSS for about 1hr and exited and everything worked perfect. :D

J