1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New 2600XT causing BSOD on boot

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Rob!, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Rob!

Rob! New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've tested all the RAM modules, and I still BSOD so I'm 99% sure they're not the problem.

I also tried the new ATI drivers 7.10, and rolled back to 7.9, and still got the BSOD.

However, the computer boots fine in safe mode, and fine if I take out the 2600XT and use the integrated VGA chip despite the fact ATI drivers are still on the computer.

Setup is:
    ASUS A8V-VM
    4x512MB Corsair Value Select DDR400
    A64 3400+ S939 at stock speeds, idles about 30C
    Thermaltake TR2 430W PSU
    Seagate 80GB SATA HDD
    XP Pro

And the newest addition, Diamond 2600XT 256MB GDDR3. I installed it Friday night, gamed all Saturday and Sunday, then got my first BSOD on Monday night which I thought was a fluke. Then it did it a lot last night, and today too.

It only happens at the end of Windows booting (right before it would go to the logon screen). It WILL boot into safe mode, and will boot into Windows normally ONLY if I booted in safe mode immediately before. Very weird. And now it's booting fine with the 2600XT taken out and running off integrated video.

Anyone have any insight? Should I probably RMA the card? Any other ways I can test it?

Also I know the card was not overheating. Ran about 50C idle, 60C load. Checked with ATITool .27Beta which supports the 2600 series of cards.

2. Rob!

Rob! New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone?

3. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    could be onboard vga drivers messing it up

4. Rob!

Rob! New Member

Thanks Received:
    I uninstalled the old onboard drivers, and disabled the onboard chip in the BIOS...

5. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    Un-install all ati drivers run CClearner 'google it' then reinstall the card & ati drivers