1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New 3DS already!

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Aug 23, 2011.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    It figures. Mine isnt a week old and this happens.

Source

2. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Its always like that with consoles/portable gaming/phones.

3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Massive bummer this one. I hope they throw more free games at us or let us trade up.

4. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    They actually have a conference coming up next month that is dedicated to the 3DS, so i wouldn't be surprised if such a thing can into the light there.

I don't understand the part about a second analog stick add-on considering the current 3DS's don't have anything type of insert to attach and detach anything so that would leave them in an even worse predicament since people would have to switch hardware.

All i really want is games, and right now Nintendo is sort of stumbling over themselves surprisingly, it feels as though no one was fully ready for it to come out, hence bland launch titles and various rumors of hardware revisions, it's sort of disappointing and surprising to see such backpedaling considering the original DS systems were a hit, but that's because they kept with a winning formula, games, and that the incremental hardware revisions didn't warrant significant changes.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Yeah CDdude i dont understand where the analogue stick will attach because there are no ports so to speak of, there is a charging port that looks like they may use that but i dont know if it can carry data.

They are supposed to be getting developers to make 2 stick compatible games. The games are coming but its hell of a slow right now.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This sucks. Just got mine. Wife is gonna kill me.

7. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Should have waited for the Vita m8 :(

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    They offer no games I wanna play.

9. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Really? I think it looks pretty good. Uncharted has almost sold it to me :)

10. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Uncharted and God of War are just Tomb Raider and Ninja Gadien rip offs IMO.

DrPepper and KieranD say thanks.
  12. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Yet they are superior ;) But the new TR looks good. I think they have taken some ideas from Uncharted.

13. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I'm scared that the Vita will go the same route the PSP did where the power was so overwhelming that all developers did was copy and paste over PS2 games.

Especially now that the PS3 has dropped to the price of $249.99 it's going to even more difficult trying to sell Vita at the same price.(the 3G version actually costs more then a PS3)

But i think the Vita will be great if they just throw some different and new IP's on there, as there is only so many times i can tolerant playing Killzone, Uncharted and Resistance again and again.

14. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Good point. The PS3 is now £199 here in the UK, which is :rockout: tbh.

15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Um no. Without Tomb Raider and Ninja Gadien both God of War and Uncharted would not exist. Face it. They are rip offs.

16. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    That's too true, Uncharted is Tomb Raider with more guns. God Of War aye okay good games on the PS2 but another one? No thanks i had my fill back then.

Honestly if we are not trolling then Vita has no games for me either, apps are pointless because as soon as i find a contract i want, my android phone will be able to do all that anyway

Im pretty pissed off at Nintendo, did you hear about the Wii for Europe that they are releasing that is the same thing but minus Gamecube support? Not that i want a Wii but that's a bit stupid seeing as how close Wii U is.

17. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Have you played through Uncharted 1 & 2 and God Of War 1 - 3? If not, you should, because they are all great games.

TBH, most games borrow/steal/rip-off other titles. But the Uncharted and GoW franchises do it very well.

I was a big Tomb Raider fan but they became stale. Uncharted revitalized the genre. They are truly epic titles. That being said, if the new Tomb Raider lives up to expectations, I will be very happy.

Can you honestly say this doesn't look impressive?

PS: back OT. Can't you just return your 3DS and wait for the new one?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I'm currently playing Uncharted 2 and it's an awesome adventure/action game, im trying to finish it before Uncharted 3 comes out

Believe it or not the series really defines what the adventure/action genre is about, it's got the characters, story and gunplay all wrapped up into a nice package.

I finished God of War III and i loved it, i wanted more afterwards (considering how it ending i think they might make a fourth)

HookeyStreet says thanks.
  19. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    If you shop about you be able to find phat ps3 40gb for £119 in gamestation and ps3 slim 160gb brand new for £170 or £180.

HookeyStreet says thanks.
  20. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Im not taking you serious Hookey as you have a MW3 avatar. No amount of convincing will make me buy a Vita as there isnt any games in the pipeline that interest me as portable games.

If its ports why not just get a PS3.

At least the 3DS has decent first party games in the works.

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Lots of them. Plus Nintendo may change the console but not the platform itself so I will have years of gaming on my 3DS no matter what happens. Vita? Could be dead in a year.

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    You can't hold a PS3 and play games at the same time.

23. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    So?, the portability and power is great with the Vita. But they did the same thing with the PSP where i got hyped because it was like a portable PS2 and then it ended up below my expectations.

So what if one is portable and the other isn't, they're the same price, so that gives you two choices, a full fledged Console with an already strong and growing library or a portable where in which all they have mostly shown is the same games we've already played.

Like i said, i think the Vita would be great if they bring the software, but they so far haven't shown enough new IP's to warrant spending $250 on(my opinion of course), so far it feels like another PSP where they achieve greatly in hardware but then they'll just keep copy and pasting games over and people will slowly lose interest.

But only time will tell of course, i hope devs bring out some good games so i can pick one up.:)

24. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    Uncharted 1 & 2 are 2 of the finest games ever made. And God Of War III has EPIC written all over it!

You can't take me serious because I'm rocking a MW3 AV? Why not? The game will be awesome!!!! :rockout:

I see ASDA have the 160GB Slim for £189.99. I'm almost tempted to sell my 500GB Phatty :D

25. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    No it won't. It's going to be a rehash of a genric FPS that'll be the same as every other generic FPS on the market.

Ray_Rogers2109 and CDdude55 say thanks.