1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New 90CFM Red & Green LED Fans from Cooler Master

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by KBD, Jan 23, 2009.

1. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was browsing their website and came across these 2 new 120mm fans:

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=36&id=6019

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=36&id=6037

I love em :rockout:

And whats not no like, they are sick looking, have 4 LEDs, 90CFM airflow, at 19dba!!!! They were always known for silent LED fans but this is just beyond my expectations!

Incidentally, these are only displayed on their global page, not US. No idea when they'll hit retail unfortunately.

Edit: There is also a blue LED version, but somewhat lower CFM:

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=36&id=4375
  2. kyle2020 Guest

heres to hoping the CFM rating isnt a mis print!
  3. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    dont get ur hopes up too much. Most fan specs are a inflated/manipulated a lot.

I just picked up a set of SanyoDenki fans ($$$$$$$$) Their specs are close to 100cfm but they blow soooo much more air (and with force too) than any other fan I have used.

The red one does at least look red nice find KBD.
  4. Ramo1203

Ramo1203 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Like always...They are kinda optimistic about the CFM/Noise ratio. 90CFm for 19dBa, It's everyone's dream..
  5. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    even if it really pulls 90CFM, I bet it isn't near 19dBa, more like 40dBa :)
  6. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    you guys are of course correct in pointing out that not always do companies deliver the promised specs. Cooler Master does have a good track record in this department though. Does all of this looks like its too good to be true? Sure. Even if these fans are somewhat overstating the dba (not a big issue for me personally, i'm cool with anything under 30dba) and its somewhat higher it still looks like Cooler Master has a potential winner on their hands. I'll be keeping an eye out for these fans though and will be awaiting to see reviews.
  7. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    They are flat out lying/misleading all of us...They (marketers have been doing it since the dawn of time)
  8. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon New Member

Thanks Received:
    coolermaster specs are overrated. If i'm not wrong, they once produced a 90CFM 19dbA fan, the blue one that came with the hiper 212. even though its not a bad fan, it doesnt push 90 cfm for sure :shadedshu
  9. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, nevertheless these fans look promising IMHO, and have killer looks which should appeal to case modders. Time will tell whether they will live up to their specs.