1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New AMD CPU driver

Discussion in 'General Software' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 11, 2007.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just found this on the AMD website. I am pretty sure it was released today sometime.

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.0053 - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need. Download this Setup Installation program (EXE) to automatically update all the files necessary for installation. This package is recommended for users whom desire a graphical user interface for installation. This .EXE driver is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users. This driver supports AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core processors on Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP2 x86 and x64 Editions.

Do you guys think this is for Vista also? Anyway here is the link:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems alot like AMD Cn'Q to me, am I wrong?
  3. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    peet, I think you are wrong. ;)
  4. zCexVe

zCexVe

Thanks Received:
    IMHO its for CnQ technology.When Windows XP released It havent had a good AMD driver support for Athlon 64/X2 family coz it came in 2003.So the driver upgrade was to support the multi reduction in CnQ.Really it is better when you upgrade it to that driver.After I installed it the then hickups were removed(Although there were a little).
  5. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I think peet is right, this driver works with Cool 'n' Quiet - I used to have to use it on my ASUS board when I had my Athlon64. Don't seem to need it anymore though... anyway, if you have an AMD CPU and use C'n'Q, download this, otherwise there is no point. It has no performance enhancements.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys think it works with Vista?
  7. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't bet on it myself - it could screw stuff up a bit and I think AMD would say if it did work. It won't actually offer any performance improvements anyway, and Vista already has the ability to adjust your CPU clock if you check in the advanced power settings, so I don't really think you need it much myself.