1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Battlefield 3 gameplay video!

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Mar 3, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I can't wait much longer! honestly!!!!!!!!!

glad dice is sticking to the PC. I read a article a couple weeks back about how they are approaching this game. They are making for the PC first to use all the latest technology we seem to all have bought our selves and have no legit games to stress the hardware, then they will make it for the consoles.

http://www.warpzoned.com/?p=3709

EDIT: heres that article

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...console-ports-not-how-we-do-things-says-dice/

PC screenshots:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/02/battlefield-3-first-impressions-and-screenshots/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    streetfighter 2, JD15 and Mussels say thanks.
  2. d3fct

d3fct

Thanks Received:
    can't f'in wait. tryin to get my 3 stars before this game drops, only 3,000 or so from 2 stars. i love the fact that there's gonna be no commander! no need for someone to have that power, especially when only like 4 on 4.

3. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    i really want battlefield to have just some nice Team Deathmatch. not this Squad deathmatch garbage

4. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    PC screenshots posted

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    cant wait. a true native DX11 game will be awesome.

6. WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man lets see multiplayer video not the scripted single players bs that over hypes the game

7. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    hey don't hate on the game. Im excited for the single player as always!

Look at hte palm tree in the first picture i posted. look kind down at the bottom. looks like some tessellation on the trunk, it kind of pops out a bit and gives it some more dimension

8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    it lets us see graphics, movement, models, voice acting... MP footage is quite often extremely dull.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  9. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Looks to be the same deal on the treads of buddies shoe! Detail.

10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    all day baby!

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Lol, I have seen this thing posted like 15 times today on this forum alone, now in 3 threads.

12. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Have those screenshots been enhanced in anyway or are they actual in-game screenies... either way saw the trailer yesterday and I am heaps stoked :D

13. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    idk. the screenies look legit!

DUDE ive never been so excited for a game................. i think. even when i went to the midnight launch for halo reach

random says thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That top screen is directly from the gameplay video that was released today, watch the video, it all looks that good.

random says thanks.
  15. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting all nostalgic about Strike at Karkand now (I specifically remember the 16 player map). But now it's DLC? WTF..........

16. legends84

legends84

Thanks Received:
    nice graphics.. this game will be better than crysis 2

17. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    crap. now i'll really be needing a new gfx card.

18. random

random

Thanks Received:
    :twitch: That is damn amazing, I can barely notice any polygon shapes it is all so smoooooth and realistic .. !

EDIT: What excited me most from the trailer was when the dude gets shot more than half way through the trailer and has you dragging him back to cover the keys S,W,A,D were displayed and not X or A :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Its just like BC2. When the game comes out, it comes out as a "Limited Edition", people who buy the game when it comes out/while the limited edition is still remaining, get a FREE voucher to download those 4 DLC. If people wait too long (maybe 2 - 3 months, the Limited Edition will be sold out and they will not get said free voucher and they will have to pay for those 4 maps.

20. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Hello ?! Can you all take out your hands out of your pants now ?

The game won't look like those screens nor like the movie which is most likely 90% prerendered animation put into the game.

Good example of show off before release was MW2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE
    Start the game and please compare....

Also compare the model I marked on the sshot attached with the original posters screenshots...

Start Bad Company 2 and imagine a +10% increase in overall quality.

Maybe if you want to get wet on hyped by pre release movies but absolutely NOT if you want to see how will the actual game look like.

I'm a huge fan of BF2 and I cant wait for this but really guys it's just gonna be another shooter that will look good but It wont suddenly reinvent how computers work and turn it into a movie quality video game.

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      128.3 KB
      Views:
  21. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    except that the MW2 video never shows footage through the players eyes, whereas this one did. very poor comparison.

the screenshot you showed looks like ass. it looks like a photo of an image on a projector, more than an in game screenshot. maybe a scan from a magazine or something. look how blurry the compass is for example - that is not a good screenshot.

as for the broken model of the guy up against the wall, thats normal for an MP game. shit like that happens.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    BC2 is a great looking game, I wouldn't say this is reinventing anything, it's just the next step forward. They've worked a lot more on animations, they've made it so you are not a stick with a weapon (you can see your hands and feet), not sure why you walked in here with a rager, lol.

23. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Did you listen to the interview with the DICE ? How often the word "animation" is mentioned. Wow this time they show off ingame footage which contains prerendered animations what a HUGE difference just the "media player" is different. Do you honestly think they let you drag other players around and the animation accompanied with dragging will actually be a rendered feature ?

Don't compare the img quality look at the textures on the character... just one look at it even in that img quality tells you the model is nothing like the screens originally posted here.

Finally some fact you noticed: "Just like a normal MP game". For me if this is supposed to be a revolutionary shooter that sorta stuff shouldn't happen anymore. It was OK in 90's but its 2011.
    Forgive my scepticism but when I see those juicy screenshot's and that leg in his face there's just that voice in my head "here we go again another hyped about nothing title".

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    No one just realized anything, your blowing everything out of proportion. It's a game, almost any game has its faults, we deal with them. The videos and screens of gameplay look great, not real, but freaking awesome.

Remember this is an Alpha build here, I don't understand why your going all emo and saying the games going to be nothing. 1942 was great, BF2 was great, 2142 was great, BC1 was great (too bad only on console), BC2 is great. I havent played the others so I won't comment, but DICE has a pretty good track record, and their coming off a proven engine, and a game thats already doing great.

Bad animation, lifes over, I'm going to end it all now, games not living up to my expectations, goodbye world!

25. caleb

Thanks Received:
    All I said was those screens and movie cannot be taken as real ingame footage we will see. There is no need for you to suicide because of that.