1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New bios release for EVGA X58 SLI and Classified X58 SLI

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by trt740, Mar 28, 2009.

1. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Here is the link adds new features, thats why ya gotta love Evga, Constant support

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100559358&mpage=1&key=� x58 SLI This is already making my board a bunch more stable.
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100559422&mpage=1&key=� classified SLI

it adds

this function

Quote:

*NOTE: CPU Clock Skew is for experimental tweaking when overclock - Any of the settings will NOT harm hardware.

In circuit designs, clock skew (sometimes timing skew) is a phenomenon in synchronous circuits in which the clock signal (sent from the clock circuit) arrives at different components at different times. This can be caused by many different things, such as wire-interconnect length, temperature variations, variation in intermediate devices, capacitive coupling, material imperfections, and differences in input capacitance on the clock inputs of devices using the clock. As the clock rate of a circuit increases (ie what we call overclocking) , timing becomes more critical and less variation can be tolerated if the circuit is to function properly.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
  2. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this post TRT. I will def. try this new BIOS out soon. I have just bought a USB Floppy drive for easy flashing of the BIOS :toast:

3. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    Got a Evga Classified yesterday. X58

Came up with "FF" error and did nothing, replaced everything and tried everything, but it was a DOA "FF" so I should be getting my new one this week.

It looks like a great board if it works, will report when it comes in, The bad one was LE #153...

Chicken Patty says thanks.
  4. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry to hear about that. Whats with people getting alot of boards that are DOA lately??? :confused: