1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New board video wont post in pci-e slot...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by niko084, Aug 31, 2007.

1. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Got my abit Ip35-e today, dropped a known working PCi-e card into it, no video post.
    Took it out and put a standard PCI video card in it, posted right away got video output..

I tried to change the Initial video to pci-e didn't help.

But what I did see was a setting for PCI-E 1.0 or 1.0a...
    Could that make a difference, its an old x1600pro?

Other than this issue I do like this fairly cheap Abit board though I must say and the little chip I put in it runs pretty nicely. Good replacement for my blown P5LD2 if I can get the Pci-e to work, otherwise I'll figure its a blown port and rma it.
  2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    All I can say is try PCI-E 1.0 and 1.0a. If niether work RMA it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Ya I figured that would be something someone would say I was almost hoping for something stupid about abit boards I don't know... I just walked away from it for a bit I can't stand to work on it for a few minutes or I'll throw it out the window...

The problem when its your own stuff and its not your primary machine you get pissed way too easy and would rather break then deal with it...
  4. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Well ya that about sums it up.... I'm getting pissed off now, I bought this mainboard because my P5LD2 burnt out on me, I get it today to find out its crapped out already and I didn't even get to play with it yet.....

So RMA this one and by the time it gets back to them, maybe I'll have my P5LD2 back... LAME!
  5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Well did you try it?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Ya... Re-set the bios 30 times too, nothing, took the card out and replaced it back in 10 times... Nothing, left the machine on overnight and for some reason this morning it was turned off when I walked in, hit the power button and nothing came up, opened the case smelt to make sure nothing burned, switched the psu off waited a minute and turned it all back on posted right away....

I don't know whats wrong with this board, but it's already on its way back.
  7. HAL7000

HAL7000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel your pain....I went through a similar experience with a biostar 690 board, called tech support, tried everything, finally tech support sent me a revision of the bios, I was hesitant...not even a formal release...his own doings....as I was sweating the outcome,,,,bang...everything worked. I recently flashed to the latest bios release and its still working like a champ... (wife's system)

biostar tech service was awesome, I take it that this wasn't the case with abit?
  8. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Meh didn't even try to call them.... I guess I could give it a shot its boxed up but I didn't go drop it off yet...
  9. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Nah they said RMA it... Bleh.... I hate being down a machine....
  10. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Grab the latest BIOS, use the PCI card to update the BIOS from pure DOS, reset CMOS then try one last time. Worth a shot.
  11. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Tried... Nothing, already got the replacement... Works perfectly!

OMG I love this board..

Thinking about buying a IP35 Pro to replace my P5B-Deluxe