1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New BST Forum?

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by commandercup, May 14, 2008.

1. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think that it would be helpful to have two BST forums... one for within the US and one for international trade

It isn't necessary but it would help people find deals local to them... not to mention its an easy change since all you have to do is add a forum...

2. UnkAsn93

UnkAsn93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, good idea. I think it would also keep it looking a little neater.

3. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    and what about Europe, and Asia whilst we do it?

Too much hassle imo

4. UnkAsn93

UnkAsn93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    How about these sub forums-
    "America" (it's just more than USA...America has Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, and South America)
    "Europe"
    "Asia"

5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    What about the Aussies? Too much complication, IMO. If it is split, it should be split into North America and International. Most of the sale threads are North American (US mostly), so it would make sense. There's no need to split it into numerous geographical locations. The traffic just doesn't warrant it.

6. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    i guess you would be under Asia, so maybe it should be Aussia lol, but no Asia and Australia.

But i still think this is too much of a hassle - most people don't provide information on where they are selling too - most will go under International anyway

7. UnkAsn93

UnkAsn93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess this is better than my idea. I haven't even been here long enough, so I can't post, but for when I can, it would make things a LOT easier ;)

8. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats why I said two forums... 1 for within the US and 1 for ALL international traders

the majority of people here are from the US... thus, the US gets its own forum and everyone else will be grouped together

9. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    which then makes people cranky and want one for themselves.

Most people are happy to ship abroad as long as shipping is covered. there is no need for this

sneekypeet says thanks.
  10. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Threads are already tagged for different regions. People just need to use them and pay attention.

sneekypeet says thanks.
  11. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    well my point is that it would take away the need for country tags... not to mention only the US and UK are covered in the tags anyways (right?) so ti would be the same as if two forums were created...

it just makes it easier for us people in the US who don't have to sift through the UK listing every so often, but like I said, its not necessary at all, only something that would make our lives easier... its not like it creates any negative problems?

12. Silverel

Silverel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Poster makes their own tags. Easy enough to add in AU, EU,CN whichever. Usually a mod will add one in if someone forgets.

As for catering to Americans, I'm rather against it. We're people just like anyone else in the world. Be happy that for the most part English is the common language here imo. :lol:

13. commandercup New Member

Thanks Received:
    well no, I'm in no way saying that Americans are better or should have priority everywhere, but from what I've seen through my short stay here is that the majority of people here (especially in the B/S/T) are American... thus for the 75-85% of B/S/T'ers that are American, creating a separate forum will be greatly beneficial.