1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New build issues

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Red_Machine, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, new build is listed under my current configuration.

Basically, the RAM is being deteced as PC3 8500 1066MHz CAS8, when it's PC3 10666 1333Mhz CAS7. CPU-Z throws up an error and doesn't detect stuff properly and Speccy can't identify my motherboard and thinks it has a 750a SLI chipset when it's a 980a SLI chipset. Neither can the nVidia control panel identify my board or chipset. I may try installing nVidia's drivers as opposed to ASUS's, as they are the same version number.

Also, why does the VIA Vinyl HD Audio detect as NVIDIA High Definition audio and the Broadcom gigabit LAN controller detect as nForce 10/100/1000 LAN?

Also, some fans don't work, but this may be due to the way I've set them up.

Even tho the drivers are installed, my onboard audio isn't working with my SoundBlaster. I never had any issues before when I was using the onboard with it in my old rig. Again, maybe reinstalling the drivers will sort that.

There may be more issues, but I can't remember right now. Any help would be appreciated!

2. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    are you certain its a 980a sli? is it shown on the motherboard.

3. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    It says it in the manual and on the website. And it came with the latest BIOS from that particular model's webpage.

4. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    if you use via for audio then it read nvidia hd its coz the latest card support audio thru it, does your sound run?
    try to check the bios on onboard sound
    if your soundblaster aint work check your manual, some board just off the onboard sound by bios, the other by pin, so your manual is your guide

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    Ah, NVIDIA High Definition Audio could be the HDMI audio on the GPU. In that case, the VIA drivers weren't installed properly.

6. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    wait, wait. What do you mean with soundblaster there, is that soundcard that you use, and your onboard audio is via, like that?
    You need to disable the onboard sound in order to use soundcard, if you dont it wont run

7. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    I am using the SoundBlaster for regular sound and want to use the front panel jacks (linked to the VIA onboard audio) for my headset. And it is possible. When I used this SoundBlaster in my old PC, I had it and the onboard Realtek working together.

8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i dunno, it looks it cant run like that. So when you slot in the card the via get disabled
    Btw you can link front panel jack to your soundblaster right?

9. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    I don't believe so, but then again I don't have the manual for it. However, I have ordered the front panel for it that has its own jacks, but I don't know if I'm going to get that at this rate...