1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New build will not power on correctly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Darkleoco, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I just completed my first custom build and when I power it on it will run for a few seconds somewhere from 5-20 and then shut off temporarily then restart, I have tried removing the ram, using only 1 stick or many combinations of that however only using ram slots 3 and 4 since my cpu cooler blocks the first two ram slots. I have tried using both graphics cards at the same time and only one at a time, please give me any advice, the standard troubleshooting isnt helping me any :(

2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    give us all of the specs of the new machine, n also run the stuff on a bench before putting in case, ensure CPU is seated properly n cooler is seated properly, ram, vid cards, powersupply. n before powerup reset the BIOS/Clear CMOS.

3. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Is this the build in system specs? Try reseating heatsink. If that doesn't do the trick, remove power cord from the psu and remove cmos battery for 2-5 mins.

4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    partial shorts can cause this, but even a faulty power button on the case too. best to bench run it outside of the case on nonconductive material n boot it.

JrRacinFan says thanks.
  5. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    It is the build system in the specs with 2 msi twin frozr radeon 6950 graphics cards, I am going to just leave it as is right now completely disassembled and get my friends father to take a look at it and if that doesnt work then I will just rebuild triple checking everything.

JrRacinFan says thanks.
  6. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Ok listen kid, pull everything out of the case, put that motherboard on the box, plug in your vid cards, powersupply, n optical drives n hd and see if it boots properly out of the case.