1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Call of Duty game (Not Black Ops!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Nov 15, 2010.

1. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't said that the whole game will be in space. Most probably it'll just have a single level, where you won't really have to shoot or anything but climb out an air-lock and attack the disconnected cables to the space LaZoR so that you fry kill the enemy's doomsday nuke missiles, etc.
    If they want realism, they'd have to keep it simple.Just think of the hurdle otherwise.
  2. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    first thing that came to mind was the space rangers cartoon from GTA 4 :roll:
  3. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    :roll:ROFL:roll:
  4. makwy2

makwy2

Thanks Received:
    All this discussion has given me the perfect idea... and it is perfect, so any criticism will be filed under 'jealousy, that you didn't think of it first'

Call of Duty: Civil War... in SPACE!

Plot: The year: 1868. The Confederacy's most militant obsessive scientists have been working on a device to turn back time so they can gain the advantage and return to the glory days. Their experiments are nearly complete when Union spy Catherine "Slasher" Goodebody discovers their plot. Goodebody, uses her charm, wit, and ridiculous video-game female body to sabotage the experiment... but not everything goes as planned when she falls in love with a reluctant scientist now ready to leave the project.

Flash forward, the year: 2047. General Lee and Grant's armies are transported along a wormhole into the Icarus Space Station in deep space. The massive station at first seems like home to the warring factions and they fight furiously to gain the upper hand so that they, victorious, can control the massive death laser and turn it against their foes hundreds of light years away on earth after turning time back.

Little do they know...

Both armies now depleted, must band together to fight a new foe. A foe so evil, so insane, so horrible they can hardly imagine... Nazis, zombie Hitler, and a group of militant pedophiles find the device a hundred years after its original use and transport themselves to the same space station.

Now.... this game has everything. Civil War, Zombies, Space, Modern weapons, WW2 weapons, Future weapons, evil, intrigue, explosions, a hot female character, plot twists, time travel, lasers, badly executed accents, and so much more.

Target revenue for first weekend: 1.26 Billion USD

Your compliments are appreciated as are job offers from Hollywood or the game industry.

Keep your jealous criticisms for yourself. This idea IS perfect.
  5. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    If you can shoehorn in some flying zombie laser space sharks into that plot I will buy it.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Somehow you include me (TheMailMan) in this masterpiece and it will be beyond perfect. Almost godly.

Soap and Price are not fit enough to clean one confederates boot.
  7. makwy2

makwy2

Thanks Received:
    In every cutscene there will something that just seems out of place... a "postal worker" on the space station alone BEFORE anyone transports there. Lethal Space Laser Sharks who fly around in the background during zombie Hitler's rise. A glowing orange box which is carried by the pedophiles... etc.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Does the postal worker carry ninja stars and a mail bag full of Busty magazines?
  9. makwy2

makwy2

Thanks Received:
    Don't be ridiculous! What kind of stupid question is that? What are you some kind of amateur? Were you born yesterday? :banghead: OF COURSE HE DOES! He also makes sexually suggestive jokes while he delivers the "mail"
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  10. DanTheMan

Thanks Received:
    A Civil War game would not be "properly accepted" because someone would call out racism when the Confederate flag would wave loud and proud after a Confederate win.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice. I smell an Oscar and game of the year award. Thats right! This will be the first video game to win an Oscar. It will be so epic that they cannot ignore the medium anymore!

Then you would get people who would say the war wasn't about slavery but about states rights. ;)
  12. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Sadly, its money thats driving the gaming industry nowadays. Back in the days, games were made with passion. After watching a doc on the guys that made Prince of Persia, it seems there's only money, pressure and tight schedules to work on nowadays. They even said that its no longer fun for them testing their own games, now how sad is that? They kept bringing the good old days on the table. The gaming industry is experiencing the same downward spiral that hollywood is in right now. Rehashes, cheap thrills and flicks which awe only the casual watcher. But as long as there will be fish that feed them...
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I know man. But where is the Tim Burton of the gaming industry? The only two developers I have any hope for are the big boys from the ole days.

iD Software and Beth.
  14. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Crossing my fingers for Rage, I do hope it pans out well for them. They seem to be the only ones taking their time to crank out games. Yeah I'm looking at you, Epic, you gave us unreal/ut and then decided you were too good/talented, so you can f*ck off now.
  15. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Will this be a console port?
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No console can contain TheMailMan. You would need a Tri-SLI 580 just for the menu.
  17. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Plus since it will have boobies and pedos, it will be 18+, leaving a lot of earlier cod fans out. It is targeting a new fanbase, since the earlier fans would be debt ridden after playing the previous cod - mmo.
  18. makwy2

makwy2

Thanks Received:
    This game will be released as both a PC and Console game. Actually this will be the first ever multi-console game. This doesn't mean that it will be available on multiple consoles but rather that you need multiple consoles to run it. It will require one of the following:

1. 2x Xbox 360 + 2x Slim PS3 (or 3x Fat PS3)
    2. 1x Xbox 360 w/Kinect + 1x Slim PS3 w/Move + 2x Wii w/Netflix Functionality
    or 3. 1x SNES + 1x Sega Dreamcast + 1 kilo of unobtanium

PS: My game idea will be rated Early Childhood when it is released as the only thing accessible will be the kick-a$$ menus and a graphic of Barney the Dinosaur or Dora the Explorer telling you that you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. All content from that point on will be accessible by way of DLC and paid unlocks (another ugly trend that every company, even Intel, is going). To access my new CoD masterpiece it will require a total investment of over $12,358.91 (in payments of no more than $15.00 at a time) and that's before the first DLC hits giving you the ability to re-spawn or our planned second DLC which will include actual gameplay and possibly some plot.
  19. ron732

ron732

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  20. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    aww damn nooo,

not another halo

[​IMG]
  21. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is sad that any of these games sell like hotcakes at all.

Compare Goldeneye N64 and any Call of Duty (SP) game and when/if u see past the immensely advanced graphics and special effects of the CoD games, then it will be obvious that Goldeneye offers far superior level design and gameplay. CoD (SP) games have always been about putting on a big staged audio-visual performance that the player pushes the WASD keys and mouse buttons through. Whilst the (graphical/atmospheric) results have often been very impressive CoD (SP) games are hardly what I would call 'games'.

Whether the arena is WW2, Space, or 60 leagues under the Sea, the CoD name leaves me cold all the same.

The only CoD I have been ever arsed enough to complete was CoD 4.
  22. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    :D Maybe it will make an appearance on the XBOX 2160 then ;)
  23. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget Valve. They may note produce that many games, but what they do produce is fantastic.
  24. casual swift

casual swift New Member

Thanks Received:
    YES! MechWarrior FTW!