1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Creative X-Fi Beta Driver

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, May 30, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    According to Creative this beta driver will partly resolve the popping/crackling sounds that many users are having problems with, when using the latest Creative X-Fi sound card in combination with high end system based on the nForce4 chipset. This driver:
    • Includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to use the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
    • Does not address all the reported general "crackling" issues, but it does resolve some specific issues with crackling. Investigations with some motherboard manufacturers are ongoing, and we hope to provide a general solution soon.
    • Resolves some issues to improve your overall audio experience.
    Download: Creative X-Fi Beta Driver 30 May 06 (41.9MB)

Source: Creative

2. sinner33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finally! It's been ages since they last released a new driver for the X-Fi cards, which this happens to be the first one from the standard issue.

I've heard a lot of the problems with crackling noise, though I have never experienced them myself. But, it's nice to know that creative is actually doing something on their most expensive soundcard to date. :)

3. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Never had any problems of crackling with my good old audigy 4...:D

Anyone else prefer the name 'Audigy' to 'X-Fi'? :pimp:

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finally!! :) But be aware of that its beta, and many are reporting bad bugs. But the final driver is being released in the end of June. This beta was released after some pressure made from us consumers after the news of the final driver delay, so we demanded a leaked beta for time being while we are waiting on the final drivers, you can check the long threads bout this and many other issues on the CL-Support Forum, if you havent already done that of course!!? :)