1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Crossfire setup black screen after windows logon

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by NdMk2o1o, Feb 12, 2013.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Need some help, I have just installed a 2nd Sapphire VaporX 7950, both cards are plugged and are connected with 1 crossfire connector. PC powers on fine and gets to the Windows logon screen then the screen goes black, any ideas what the issue is?

2. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    disconnect the CF bridge. reboot. connect the CF bridge while PC is still on, go to AMD CCC and enable CF. update drivers, reboot.

done

NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  3. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Would of got back to you sooner though have had no end of problems, my Windows installation was corrupted to the point where it would get to the logon prompt and BSOD every time, different BSOD's from RT64win7.sys, ks.sys, kbdclass.sys etc, was fine on safe mode and a system restore fixed the BSOD's though I was unable to open CCC and have now done a clean install. Just about to install AMD drivers so will update when I'm done (fingers crossed)

Phusius says thanks.
  4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Update, after a clean install of Windows and updating for an hour I have just managed to install latest (13.1) drivers and Crossfire is also working, time for some benches :D :toast:

ElMoIsEviL says thanks.
  5. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    :toast: I could see you finally decide to install... could you share temps please.... and your experience about your xfire 7950's :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I was about to say, the card your display was plugged into was most likely the disabled adapter. Switching the display to the other video could have fixed it without reinstalling Windows. Glad to hear you got it to work though. :toast: