1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New desk, new display issue.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deadlyraver, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Hello Forum,

I have just purchased a new production desk since I am partially a DJ, musician, gamer, and a technician all-in-one. All in all, I am satisfied with the newly included space on my table until I look at the monitor I currently own, which is an ASUS MS238H.

Due to the new monitor platform included with the desk, the added elevation distorts the viewing of my currently display. To make things worse, there is no tilt adjustment at all with the stupid ring-like stand behind the monitor. So how, I need a new monitor.

Luckily, I am an employee of a local Canada Computers location and have my eyes on the fairly recent GW series by Benq. The problem is with the new desk, therefore new distance from the display, I have no clue which size is right for me anymore. Before, my old desk gave me about under 3 feet of viewing distance. The new desk gives me about 5 feet. The GW series introduces a 24, and 27 inch model. I have the option of two 27s however I can squeeze in three 24s with the option of expanding to six later on. Which solution do you think is better?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    if your close to a wall buy a vesa wall mount with adjusable arm... should be a lot cheaper than a new monitor...

good luck...

27inch every time m8...

Deadlyraver says thanks.
  3. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    My MS238H does not come with mounting holes....

4. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    maybe u should have linked a pic or Asus page so ppl could see it instead of them needing to google it :laugh:

Asus.com: http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/MS238H/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i can see why it don't have mounting holes, it's like footless monitor ^^
    and it actually got a nice design i think even the buttons i don't like but overall design i do like ^^

5. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Lol funny. Yeah well the monitor I got is quite nice, just that thanks to the elevated platform with the new desk it has no tilt and an unacceptable viewing distance.