1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New egg ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NONYA, Jan 27, 2008.

1. NONYA

NONYA New Member

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone here used a prepaid debit card to order form newegg?Just wondering if they accept them as a CC before I go buy one...

2. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    they accept the prepaid credit cards from what i know, although i only use my credit card because of "verified by visa" much safer online shopping

3. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    im pretty sure you can, i havnt used them on new egg, but my friend uses those on world of warcraft, ive seen him use it its the same thing as a credit card

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    just make sure the total amount can be covered with one card...they dont split a price at all.

I had some xmas gift cards last year and tried to get some DDR but they wouldnt allow multiple payments for one purchace.

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    As long as it's endorsed by a major CC company you should be fine. My CheckCard is VISA endorsed, hence to them it's a CC Account.

:toast:

6. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    from their website:

What payment methods does Newegg.com accept?
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • Discover
    • American Express
    • Newegg Preferred Account
    • Bill Me Later
    • Newegg Gift Certificate
    • Pre-paid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order (Note: All Prepaid Orders, including Cashier's Checks, take longer to process because they must first be cleared with the bank) • No Purchase Orders, Fax or C.O.D. orders will be accepted. We do not currently accept international credit cards at this time.

i would say its nothing but a check because debit cards draw from your checking account so it falls under the check catagory and must clear the bank before shipping = an extra day or two you wait is all.

7. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    debit doesnt work like that, it works like an ATM card actully just with a credit card number and logo. When you swipe it, the system links to VISA which ties to bank over the telephone lines and if you have enough it clears it instantly and you no longer have said funds in bank account.