1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

new EVGA Classified Motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Vlada011, May 22, 2013.

1. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    NEW Motherboard from EVGA, probably Z87 Classified

[​IMG]

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I was just looking at the Z77 and wondering if it was any good.
    Any info on EVGA mobos?

3. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    What to say, my system is stable, good for overclocking with little higher temps because IB.
    People are not satisfied with Z77 BIOS and specific higher speed memory support, from hardware side board is fantastic, on closer look when you keep board in hand Z77 look expensive and fine, heavy, solid.
    If you decide to change something in your build I strongly suggest wait Z87 Classified.
    Board is new and even support of two CPU generation is certain. Haswell/Brodwell 1150.
    If Intel decide that.
    Again EVGA prepare and X79 Dark same fantastic peace of art for people who want Extreme platform, this time with no problems with PCIe 3.0.
    More than 4cores, no internal graphic, good overclocking and not much expensive than top Haswell Build.

Now this Classified mobo deserve Cable Management award. :)
    Everything is build to hide wires, mess and show hardware.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  4. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    They are mostly solid, too bad they screwed up two consecutive generations with bad BIOSes.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  5. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    EVGA Z87 Classified

EVGA Z87 Motherboards – Exceed the Best

Welcome to a new class of high performance motherboards that boast 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor compatibility. These platforms offer a return to greatness with a completely redesigned GUI BIOS interface, reimagined power VRM that focuses on efficiency, and loaded with features like up to 4-Way SLI, Creative Sound Core3D quad-core audio processor, Intel Gigabit LAN, native SATA 6G/USB 3.0 and more.

Did we also mention that this motherboard is designed for the overclocker? Built from the ground up to give you all the essentials you need for overclocking, with a GUI BIOS that is focused on functionality, brand new software interface for overclocking in the O.S., ultra high quality components, and robust PCI-E 3.0 and memory trace layout.

With these features and more, it is clear that the EVGA Z87 motherboards are not engineered to just be the best, they are engineered to exceed the best.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much this. I believe they fired their motherboard BIOS team after the P55 boards came out and made the video card BIOS team start making the motherboard BIOSes too. After that their BIOSes went to complete shit, they even managed to break the P55 boards BIOSes, then just stopped supporting the P55 boards and wipe any mention of the problems from their forums.

Having spent a very large amount of money on their 2nd to top P55 board, I've been extremely disappointed with EVGA, and definitely wouldn't buy another EVGA motherboard, ever.

theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

EVGA Z87 CLASSIFIED E878

http://youtu.be/VpYFOJSRNAM

Chipset – Intel Z87
    SLI – 4-Way
    SATA – 8 SATA 6G
    USB – 6 USB 3.0 / 6 USB 2.0
    Memory Support – 4 DIMM Dual-Channel DDR3 2666MHz+ (up to 32GB)
    Capacitors – POSCAP/Solid State
    Form Factor – EATX
    Ethernet – 2x Intel Gigabit NIC
    Audio - Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor
    PCB - 8 Layers

FEATURES

8 Phase PWM
    Onboard Power, Reset and Clear CMOS
    PCI-E Disable Switches
    E-LEET X Tuning Utility
    Triple BIOS Support
    Onboard CPU Temp Monitor
    300% More Gold Content
    POSCAP Capacitors
    EZ Voltage Read Points
    8+8 PIN CPU Power
    PCI-E Disable Jumpers
    Onboard Bluetooth
    LucidLogix Virtu MVP 2.0 Support
    mSATA/mPCI-e Slot

EXTERNAL I/O

4x Rear Panel USB 3.0 Ports
    4x Rear Panel USB 2.0 Ports
    Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor
    2x Mini-DisplayPort
    2x Intel Gigabit Ethernet
    1x Bluetooth 2.1

INTERNAL I/O

2x USB 3.0 Headers
    2x USB 2.0 Headers
    8x SATA 6G Ports

8. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I think that looks better than the MSI somethingGAMING board. Not a fan of the panel thing on the back IO though. I mean it's a good idea, but it looks out of place. The chipset heatsink is a killer though..

9. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Look like the nice boards, I just wont bring myself to buy an Evga board ever again though after the hell of an experience with the Evga Classified X58 board.

11. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    They completely revamped the BIOS, so maybe they got it right this time, but I'm not going to even consider this board until some reviews are in and they're mostly positive. I like their video cards, but I've never seen any of their motherboards have any success, mostly because of BIOS problems, as noted above by radrok & newtekie1. The thing does look good, though...

12. blibba

blibba

Thanks Received:
    The Z77 FTW had some less than optimal performance thanks to its unusual PLX use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    EVGA Z87 Classified have everything what need one Extreme Motherboard.
    Very interesting and nice hardware like always from EVGA.
    All three motherboards are nice.

I say that this series and whole presentation is better than with Z77.
    Last year they show one buy one motherboard, with lot of problem.
    I was experienced as they don't want to make Z77 series.

14. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    if the z87 FTW nosedives in price like my z77 i will def pick up one @ $200 or under, just to see how well the GUI BIOS is compared to mine. i mean no UEFI on my z77 isnt really a bad thing; the board has tons of options regardless. Hell i may even try out a stinger for a Haswell HTPC box if im inclined to dump money into another PC...

Being that i've never used EVGA mobos before, i cant really be a debbie downer on things im not familiar with, which is why i dont have anything bad to say about the z77 ftw in particular (i cant even speak on BIOS issues as i bought my board in oct 2012 and fired it up for the first time in april 2013 and immediately updated to latest BIOS)

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    That explains the problems I was having when I was updating my old P55 SLI BIOS. Those revisions were comically problematic.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    I tell you If you find Classified like Z77 FTW immediately buy two I will send you cash money in Western Union, I will not buy other hardware.
    But my eyes look in Haswell E, X99, SATA Express, DDR4.
    This would be upgrade because EVGA.

But people don't be mad on our dear EVIL INTEL because performance, they are poor and must give less performance, they barely stay on leg we must help company to stay on market. :banghead: What they present to people, they are crazy. From one side cripple with PLX chip to allow PCIe 3.0 from other side 3 years on same place. And chipset go one buy one.
    P67, P67 rev3, Z68, Z68 gen3, Z77, Z87.

MY EVGA MOTHERBOARD IS EVERYWHERE ON LAST PLACE.
    THAT I TOLD, THEY LIKE DON'T CARE FOR THAT Z77 SERIES, PACKAGE OF BOARD IS COMIC.
    CARDBOX IS MORE EXPENSIVE ON MARLBORO BOX. I'm gentle with hardware as lady but I torn box when I remove motherboard out.
    And that was my first their hardware.

But that is not with X79 FTW and Z68 FTW, their package is excellent. Only Z77 series.
    Literally as someone force them to make that series.

17. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I didn't understand one thing you just said, other then maybe something about the box the board is packaged in, and I don't think many people care about that.

Problem with Evga boards is its not really the board quality and hardware they use, but the software.

18. PatoRodrigues

PatoRodrigues

Thanks Received:
    Design is really similar to the mysterious X79 Dark MoBo..... Kinda like it.

19. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I'd love for EVGA to fix their motherboards because their X79 Dark is on my watch list.

That I/O shield would look fantastic on my open air case :)

20. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    EVGA Z87 Classified is for me nicer than EVGA X79 Dark.
    Both are nice, but Z87 Classified is BRUTAL MOTHERBOARD.
    I will not go on IB-E that's 100%. Haswell Extreme because maybe support for first DDR4 and I expect to Intel series 9 brake ice with Sata Express,
    if Haswell E show up after that probably and him.

'Problem with Evga boards is its not really the board quality and hardware they use, but the software".

I hope software/BIOS was problem.
    But I think they talk something about EVGA Z77 FTW and lack of fast communication with memory.
    I' not sure what, they didn't explain exactly but I'm sure that was during build, people complain on Marvell SATA Controller, than If it's Intel board no reason for Marvel Yukon Ethernet instead of Intel like on other Z77 boards and now on Z87.
    Mix of everything in 80% software BIOS but probably not last technology in that moment for Z77 on every place.
    Build is fantastic, hold one EVGA in hand is much nicer experience than any ROG board and nobody can't tell me that nothing,
    even texture of board, print, soldering, that is like dream, all people around me are on ROG but they are surprised with EVGA on close look and I don't like their.
    I mean it's OK, better than ASRock, GIGABYTE, MSI, but I love EVGA that's my satisfaction.

Every other hardware no matter how expensive even boards of 450-500$ for me is as nothing, only to install close side panel and don't care on management,
    coolers, light, look, nothing. I only EVGA hardware have enjoyment to look, window panel, every cable on own place...
    With other that would be only PC to work no enjoyment.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013