1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

new FEAR 2 site

Discussion in 'Games' started by imperialreign, Oct 29, 2008.

1. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    FEAR 2: Project Origin - official site has been revamped, and looks like Monolith bought the FEAR name off of Sierra. Based on a lot of the developer vids they've been continously releasing, this title should friggin pwn FEAR. It appears they have addressed all the shortcomings of the original (too repetitive, too small of spaces, non-destructable environments, repetitve environments, etc). February 2009, y'all! :rockout:

Already available for pre-order on Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Project%20Origin

2. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Gotta love the age checks on pages these days.
    This one in particular is great cause it takes a few seconds as it's "verifying."
    What, am I being scanned by global sattelite :) ?

Hopefully this will make up for where Dead Space fell down, though there's a few features in DS that I don't think we'll see in FEAR.

3. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    man i cant wait i hope they dont ruin it i will be pissed if they doo

4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got a lot of faith in Monolith - they took everyone by surprise with FEAR, and from following the devloper commentary on FEAR 2's development, they've been avidly listening to the fans, and have taken what negative criticism there was of FEAR from reviews, and have attempted to correct all that . . .

no more running through one hallway to another - they intend to have a lot of open space as well. Plus destructable enviroments, supposedly even a few levels where you can take control of a powerful armored suit and use your enviroment as a weapon as well. We still have the office buildings and all (which I think is a key element of FEAR), but they've expanded more. The trailers of the enemy AI looks simply spectacular.

The one thing I hope they get away from are those scripted "FEAR" moments. Y'know, the ones that are effective the first time through, but after that it's no more fun . . .