1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New gamer keyboard and mouse, but what?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gasolin, Jun 3, 2012.

1. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    I had a g110 and g700 from logitech, where i returned the keyboard efter one day because it was making some noise that i didn't like and both yesterday 02-06 (just wanted a gamer keyboard and mouse)

Now i have a razer mamba but this is still not as ergonomic as i would like it to be(the little finger) and the razer lycosa, but i am returning the keyboard because i hate the thick cord and the fact that it has 4 cabels at the end, where logitech g110 had one cable for the same connections and i just touched some of the shiny plastic to feel how smooth it was, and to my surprise i had many small scratches in my brand new keyboard :(

So i am asking you, what would you recomend med to buy (gamer mouse and keyboard)
    Budget it has to be under 150 Euros it was just a bit to expensive even when i got 25% discount on the keyboard it cost med about 185 euros for both

I am thing of buying this mouse http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm is it any good and how about the ergonomics?

I am playing crysis 2 and going to player battlefield 2142 after crysis 2, i just wanted something more gamer like mouse,keyboard then my k270 and mx performance from logitech.

2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Mouse is highly dependent on your grip style, although RAT series tries to deal with them. Logitech G700 is another you might want to take a look at.

As for keyboard, get a mechanical one. They are a bit noisier than your average rubber dome ones but they last longer and can take more abuse. Steelseries 6GV2 or Corsair K60 are good starts but there are plenty others out there

3. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    Had the g700, forgot to mention that i like and use the mediaplayer shortcuts on my k270 so i want that and not just something where i have to use 2 button like FN + f1,f2........

Tried the steelseries 6GV2 yesterday, some of the button where so loose they where fallen of, other then that a godt old school looking keyboard that imo was to expensive.

4. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I have the G500. Awesome mouse and the Corsair K60 mouse and keyboard look good

5. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the razer black widow for over a year now, its worked like a champ with no issues and I can no longer type on any other keyboard.

also have the razer naga with 3 different grips, its called the naga 2012 I think. I like all 3 grips but use palm grip the most.

6. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I have a Razer Imperator for FPS, and a Logitech G500 for everything else. Love both of them.

7. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I have a R.A.T. 7 and the customization is as great as you think, and as for a keyboard I have the Thermaltake Challenger Pro and could not be happier with it, the backlit keys are very nice and the customization software and macro keys are great, the response from the keys is also very nice.

8. gasolin

Thanks Received:

Nice that's what i was thinking of opgrading to(hope it's a opgrade)

9. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that's the problem with not being able to try before you buy with mice.

I have a Gigabyte M6900 which is supposed to be FPS orientated and an MX518.
    I still prefer the MX518 over the M6900.

10. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    Frick says thanks.
  11. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
  12. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    WHY does it take 3-5 hours to charge a razer mamba, don't like wired mouse, so theres some hours i cant use my razer mamba and i have to have a computer thats turned on (logitech only needs to be with cable for mabye 90 min and it's fully charged)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Iwill enver use wireless mouse, myself, so I'm afraid my recommendations can be of no use to you.

As to keyboard, all I can say, is get mechanical. Your fingers and hands will thank you, although your ears might not. :roll:

14. gasolin

Thanks Received:
    Got the Steelseries shift and it's ok

15. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Why are most of you saying "I have... this and that" He is asking what he should buy! (Of course it is a question without an answer...)

16. Walrus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use a Logitech g9x mouse with a Logitech g110 keyboard.
    The Mouse is amazing if you play with a claw grip, but I would shy away from the keyboard and pick up a black widow IMO.

17. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We can only tell him our experiences when it comes mice, its very personal. Keyboard is a bit less, but to some extent others will still feel the difference. For example I like my G11 because the keys are a bit stiff and I make less mistakes with it. A lot of people who tried it doesn't like the stiff keys, preferring the squishy $10 Dell/HP ones. When it comes to certain tasks, I actually perform much better with $10 keyboards rather than my G11, such as typing out a 20 page report.

18. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    yeah sure, if you had one before, buy a new one and tell "hey, A is better on this, but B was better doing that" it helps! But saying wowowowow! I have A and it rocks the world!!! is pretty useless.