1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New hardware Problem

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Charper2013, May 1, 2010.

1. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i just got a bigtyp 14pro and an OCZ ram cooler installed and my system keeps turning off, does anyone know why, i have a 460w PSU from coolermaster. I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    CPU gets too hot, automatic shutdown occurs. Recheck your cooler mounting and make sure to check over all your cables. Take it all apart and redo if you have to. Your PSU has nothing to do with it unless you missed plugging in a cable.

3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    How is the computer turning off, you need to tell us how, does it boot up then randomly just shutoff, does it shutoff loading something or playing a game, or is it shutting off during a boot.

You could have connected the fan to the cpu fan header on the main board but the motherboard isnt recoginizing that there is a cpu fan and its protecting itself, also there could be more problems into it, like a failing psu but i dont think that would be the case actually.

Also if the cooler isnt mounted properly itll shutoff once the processor hits those hi tj max temps and shuts off, its a possibility you didnt mount it on right, also if you put the memory cooler in it could be that one of your ram sticks is out on accident, ive had it were the ram cooler would unclip a ram stick on accident and i realize after i boot i only have 1 gig of ram, the case could be were your system dosnt want to boot with 1 stick of ram and needs dual channel.

Worst case is something is failing like the motherboard itself but that takes some testing with many programs to recognize this...

4. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like what erocker said.....HS not mounted right would shoot your temps up and the Mobo's protection kicked in and shut it down to save from damaging your hardware.

Or you grounded the new HS backplate to the case which would give you power and then shut down.

Remount the HS.....And check your spacing on the new HS backplate with your case.

Hope it helps. :)

5. Charper2013

Charper2013 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i found out that i had a wire under the mobo so that might have been the problem but if if it cuts off i'll LYK.