1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New headset ~$50 recomendations

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by Batou1986, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Title says it all im looking for a decent headset with mic for around $50 preferably from Microcenter so if i don't like it i can exchange it.
    GOGOGO

2. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Umm you can look for thoe Thermaltake tteSports Shock, I do like them :)

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
  4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Hows the build/sound quality those look a little flashy and thermaltake is one of those brands i tend to avoid
    The reviews seem positive and i could use my soundcard to deal with the overpowered bass

Ive tried those before i found them uncomfortable for extended periods due to there on the ear design they do sound good tho.

If we made it under 100$ would that open up some much better options ?
    To further give you an idea of what im looking for i find this style of headphone to be best fitting for my head, also i wear my headset for at least 4 hrs a day so comfort is a big factor.

current headset that i have re wired to many times and needs to be replaced
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I have a retail background and to buy something and exchange it just cause you don't like it is pretty lame to state. Retailers are not test outlets. Pick your poison from the recommendations and live with it is my statement on the matter.

Spend $10 more than your budget and get Corsair Vengence. You won't be sorry... They actually have a $10 rebate that takes them to $49. Bingo.

Corsair Vengeance 1300 Headset - Newegg.com

Newegg TV: Corsair Vengeance 1300 & 1500 Circumaur...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Well, sound quality is quite nice. I like listening music in. The negative point might be that it is not comfortable to everyone. D├ępends on how the ears are xD

I did bought them and own them since 2 years. Long wire cable, can enable disable mic, volume control on the headset, and they have adjustment. Mic can me moved up down, and since it's rubber you can go left right.

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Yea i wouldn't do this to a local shop but its not like big box stores aren't making money hand over fist with there 40$ hdmi cables anyway.
    im only returning something if there's something really bad about it like it hurts my head after 30 min because it was made for a 12 year olds head or the mic only record's in 1ch 16k on a 80$ usb headset .

Thanks for your recommendation those look like something i would buy. there 49.99 with FS on amazon

8. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Get the cheapest circum-aural closed back Koss headphones you can get your hands on and buy a microphone. Way better than any of the $50ish headsets I have heard.

9. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Microcenter has amazing deals thus my same statement. It just is not right and when your time comes, you may not get into computer heaven when judged. LOL:shadedshu

This is why your Capitols suck this year. Your using up your reatilers.... The good lord is watching!

10. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    religion and headsets....

o_O

11. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Corsair 1300 would probably be near the best you will get on that budget, I own a pair of the 2000's and they are great and I have heard nothing but good things about the entire lineup of their headsets.

12. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    I own the 2000 too and they are great.