1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Laptop Advice? + is Windows 7 Installion possible?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by kYmo, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kYmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey

So i was wondering before I go ahead and buy this >>>laptop<<< i'd like to know if it would be possible to install Windows 7 on it? as i have no interest in using Windows 8 in the meantime, i have looked on google for awhile and can't seem to find this information.

also i could use some advice on choosing as i cannot decide between the laptop i posted above and >>>this one<<< i will be mainly using it to play games like League of Legends, Youtube, Watching movies, Streaming and general browsing. The Acer M3-581TG has the newer "Nvidia GeForce GT 640M" GPU over the Acer V3-571G's "GT 630M" but has a less powerful CPU "Intel Core i5 3317U 1.7 GHz" over the Acer V3-571G's "Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz" CPU so i don't know if to get it on the basis of the better GPU so it would run better FPS in League of Legends? but then wouldn't it run worse overall with the the less powerful i5-3317U 1.7GHz cpu? i'm baffled. :/

I apologise if this thread is in the wrong section as i didn't know where else to put it.

Any help/input will be much appreciated! (Y)

Thanks

Kyle
  2. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I believe the one with the 630M has a higher ress screen.
  3. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    You won't have a problem installing and running Windows 7 on either of those two laptops.

The only thing the lower priced laptop has up on the higher priced laptop is it's GPU. The more expensive laptop has a faster CPU, comes with and is capapble of handling more RAM, and has a considerably larger HD. Jack1n was incorrect about the monitors. They both have the same resolution. Personally, I'd prefer the higher priced laptop.
    kYmo says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Well, the laptop I bought a month ago is with i53210m + nVidia GT630 2GB. And when I am playing on League of Legends: 1366x768, everything maxed out (no vertical sync), Character models: very high, environment: very high, shadows: very high, frames vary between 70-120, depending on where I am looking at. The shadows are big deal, if I turn the shadows off- the fps skyrockets with 200frames. So I'd say, if LoL is your only criteria, both laptops will run it just fine. I usually load wayyyy faster than the other players, so yeah.
    kYmo says thanks.
  5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    New one with 640 would be my pick.
  6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Windows 8 is an inevitability. I would use it if you are starting new. It is not nearly as bad as you may have heard, though it will have to mature a bit.

The kernel is mostly windows 7, and the UI will take some getting used to.
  7. kYmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks i'm glad to hear a Windows 7 install will be possible :)

That's the conclusion i came too aswell thanks for the advice :D

That's great news bro but this GT630 is only 1gb i guess it should be good enough though consdering u get 200 fps on 2gb version, 75fps stable would be awesome for me :) so looks like i'll be going with the Acer Aspire V3-571G then :D (Y)