1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Logitech Gaming Accessories: G700 Mouse, G510 Keyboard, & G930 Headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DanishDevil, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
  2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Bump?
  3. rpsgc

rpsgc

Thanks Received:
    My eyes!! It burns!!

Make the fugly go away :(
  4. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I like the extended layout of the keyboard, but not the screen color....
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    The mouse looks shit.
    The keyboard looks nice (probably too expensive though).
    No comment on headphones.
  6. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    this is why i switched to razer stuff and boy am i glad i did
  7. BoardkilL New Member

Thanks Received:
    They all launch tomorrow. I've tried two out of three for quite some time.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  8. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    I have started to move over to Razor products for mice, as some of my Logitech mice were kinda meh. For keyboards I refused to have anything but an IBM Model M at this point...
  9. BoardkilL New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's august 5th here now, so I guess I'm not breaking the NDA. ;)

I've had the G930 for quite a while now, and it's basically the G35, except wireless. It's a pretty kickass headset. It has slightly richer sound than the Razer Megalodon, but not quite as good 7.1 sound. None of those two really match a real surround headset with several speakers though. All in all a really nice headset. Battery time was decent, about six to seven hours, but you can use them with the charger connected, if needed.

Haven't had a chance to check out the keyboard yet, but my experience with other gaming keyboards from Logitech has been good. I've got both the G15 models, and they're nice keyboards. Never really found much use for the little LCD screen on them though. Might as well go for something like the G110, which is basically the same, except the little LCD screen.

I've used a lot of different gaming mice over the years, including several Razer ones. I've got the Razer Mamba, which is a great wireless mouse, but really should have had a couple more buttons. I gave the MS Sidewinder X8 away, not because it's bad, I just had too many mice lying around, and chose to keep the Mamba instead. My experience with the G700 is that it is the best Wireless gaming mouse I've used to date. Response is great and the drivers are quite good, with loads of different settings you can tweak. You can change profiles on the fly, which works great for different apps and games. The design is really comfortable. I've played some of my best rounds in Bad Company 2 since I switched from the Qpad 5K to the G700. Well worth the money.
  10. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your insight! And Welcome to TPU! :toast:
  11. BoardkilL New Member

Thanks Received:
    My pleasure.

I should be getting my hands on the G510 soon. Right now I keep switching between the Sidewinder X4 and Logitech G110 for gaming, and a Logitech K350 Wave for when I have to write long articles.

I've been testing out another keyboard that's due for launch in a couple of weeks as well. Not a gaming one though. There's a lot of really cool stuff launching this fall. :D
  12. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your input! Any pictures of the mouse you can post?
  13. BoardkilL New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haven't taken pics yet, only written a review. But it looks like the pic in the first post. It has 13 buttons total, including left, right, scroll and so on. Eight programmable ones, and three profiles you can setup just the way you want to. I set up different profiles for gaming and Photoshop, pretty nifty. Ranges from 200 dpi to 5 700 dpi, and you can set up a total of five dpi levels in each profile (or less if you'd like), in increments of 100 dpi. Gotta love 200 dpi for sniping in Bad Company 2. :D
  14. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    The 13 buttons kinda scare me. I pretty much use 3. Mouse 1, 2, and 3 (left, right, middle). The side buttons for going back and forwards have never grown on me. The sensitivity buttons on my G7 NEVER get touched. It stays at medium the whole time. Same with my Razor Diamondback 3G. I only use 3 buttons, and no sensitivity to play with. I plan to learn a few things on computers before I get older, one of them being DVORAK, and the other using effectively every mouse button. At this point, DVORAK sounds easier.
  15. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I used to use sensitivity buttons for sniping and such. I bought a mouse that didn't have them, and I haven't really missed them.

I use left and right click, and back and forward. So 4 buttons for me. I scroll, but don't really use the middle mouse click anymore. Used to be my PTT button, but since it broke on my Deathadder, I've moved on to using Alt.

Just tried out the R.A.T. 7, and long story short, see here.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  16. BoardkilL New Member

Thanks Received:
    I normallt don't use all the buttons, but more than three. And I use the dpi all the time. I work a lot in Photoshop, and switching to low dpi makes it so much easier to work on tiny details. Same goes for sniping in shooters, a low dpi makes it a lot easier to get those headshots. :p

For Windows I use around 2 500 dpi, and for gaming I use 3 000+. Never really gotten used to anything higher than that.
  17. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    In photoshop, I do also turn down the DPI. I just don't know it. My hand automatically hits the DPI down when I zoom in, etc, but I really don't care to do so in games. I am a huge fan of keeping things consistent, because if I switch and forget to turn back, I get killed, and fast.
  18. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    It is very useful in programs like Photoshop. And I've done that PVT :laugh:
  19. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    They FINALLY announced the G700, after I bought a G500 after my legen-DARY G7 died. I didn't want a wired mouse, but they said they weren't going to release a G700 anytime soon... God dammit, anyone want to trade a G700 for my G500? lol :3
  20. ramesh0044 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have a few questions about the G700.

Only 8 of the buttons are programmable? From the pictures it appears that there are 14 buttons total, 13 of which (aside from the microgear button behind the scroll wheel) I would think would be programmable: left click, right click, middle click, left tilt, right tilt, four thumb buttons (G4-G7), three dpi buttons on top left-hand side (G8-10) and another button G11 behind the microgear button.

When the cable is plugged in does it operate as a true wired mouse or is it just charging the battery?

How does it compare overall to the G500 ?

Do you know when it's being released for sale in the US?

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  21. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    From my limited knowledge about it (that consists of google searches) I remember seeing somewhat of an October - November timeframe for release.
  22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i use 7 of the buttons on my mouse in just about every game...

the three on the side are often used for voice chat or game specific macros - or melee/knife attacks in FPS games (all three are bound to abilities in games like say, singularity - where you get multiple powers)

G700 looks good, the buttons are larger so you wont accidentally hit the wrong one.

i just wanna know about battery life, the G7's batteries sucked, and they only got worse over time.

edit: oh and teh speed buttons can also be rebound, i use them for prev/next in winamp :p
  23. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
  24. LoWRiDeR82

Thanks Received:
    I just bought the razer Mamba, do you think this G700 will be better?

I still don't understand why no company has made a wireless keyboard if they have made wireless gaming mice already....I need a new wireless gaming keyboard to finish replacing my old logitech wireless keyboard+mouse combo and I can't find anything decent...any suggestions?
  25. beefyg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi BoardkilL,

Does the G700 work with the Unifying Receiver? And is this what you tested it with?

I have a Razer Mamba for my desktop, however it's impractical to carry around due to the dock being the wireless receiver. I purchased the Razer Orochi as I heard good things and working over bluetooth I wouldn't need an external receiver, however I have found it's performance to be less than desirable over wireless for gaming on my Alienware m11x.

Cheers,

Beefy