1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New mouse needed

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by theubersmurf, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    News to me.
    I thought the mouse would require something a bit different since it has dpi switch and some other pointless button which I do not use which seem a bit over standard cheapo mouse.

Either way i was hoping the new version would be better than my old MX518 but despite the higher dpi and basically being better the sensor was not as good.
  2. uuuaaaaaa

Thanks Received:
    zowie makes really solid products, check them out.
  3. lobsterrock

Thanks Received:
    CM storm sentinel

Try the sentinel advance 2. I love it, good sensor, nice lighting and tiny useful display. 4 extra buttons(+1 more for profile switching but that isn't programmable). Customizable weights, nice and big. Thumb rest and space to rest your pinky. The paint on it is great too, no staining and still going strong after 2 months.

Any time I use a generic mouse I just feel sooooo uncomfortable.
  4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Mionix Naos 5000
    or
    Func MS-3

both are wide mice that have pinky and ring finger rests with a damn good sensor. I am actually hoping to pick up one or the other at some point.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  5. LightningJR

LightningJR

Thanks Received:
    I have a RAT 7 and do not find it very comfortable. My old Gigabyte M6800 was much better for comfort. Also the laser is very picky, it wont track on "virtually everything" like is expected with a laser mouse. When it does track though it is very nice and silky. I expected more out of the RAT 7. Maybe my hand fits better with the ergonomic shape of the M6800 but idk. Just one mans experience.:toast:
  6. naraku

naraku

Thanks Received:
    That's some hardcore testimonial right there! :rockout:

@topic I'm surprised nobody suggested steelseries sensei yet. I have fairly large hands and still the sensei feels great for me. But if you're really looking for a large mouse then i suggest cm storm sentinel advance 2 or the FUNC MS-3.
  7. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    It's only a frigging mouse fer chris sakes

Yea, I guess I went overboard there, eh!
    It's only a frigging mouse fer chris sakes.

Thing was, I was so pumped up at the time I had to release.
    The pump thing came from me losing a small spring on the floor while disassembling it.
    Not the "hold up wheel spring" for the wheel but the "clicker" spring. I didn't know I lost it at that time.
    And these eyes of mine aren't what they used to be.
    I didn't even know what I was looking for, I just knew I didn't have the click anymore.
    So I googled for a diagram and found the spring I needed online. Once I knew what I was looking for I went hunting with a magnet and maglight, lo and behold plus luck O' the Irish, I found it.
    The pic below shows the "clicker spring", the other "hold up" spring is on the opposite side of the wheel.
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the other spring...
    [​IMG]

Damn it, here I am again, rambling.
    Ok, enough.
    :toast:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  8. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    You meant the USB cable, right? Those generally use the same damn plug to connect it to the PCB inside the mouse.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    found something

I was over a friends house and he had this nice looking large mouse....while using his PC I really liked how big it was so I decided to buy one...

It got here today and I really like it...
    It's basically a no-name but it is quality made none the less...
    Its definitely a Chinese brand as all the writing on the box is in Chinese except the name...and it is a nice box too...lol

Anyways its a E-3lue Mazer Type R and its only $20 shipped...It has 4 DPI settings and 2 polling settings 1 @250hz and the other @500hz which is where I'm gonna keep it...I don't see the point of putting it at 250hz..

Oh and did I mention its BIG it matches the size of my beloved OCZ Behemoth but it doesn't have a pinky rest....which is ok since I can't find any other mice anywhere with a pinky rest like the Behemoth had...

dimensions 125x85x39mm
    DPI 500/1250/1750/2500
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  10. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Yeah didn't know the plug was generic.
    Oh well still have my old MX518 up and running so it's all good.