1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Neverwinter Set for 2011

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Aug 23, 2010.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Full article:http://www.gamespot.com/news/6273953.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

[​IMG]
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    :)

though im kinda worried how the machanics will effect it.
    AsRock says thanks.
  3. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    I'm skeptical, but hope for the best. Would like to see a new NWN!
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  4. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    sounds diablo-esque in terms of multiplayer. cant wait. but then again most games that arent out yet sound really awesome to me..
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Hope it's more like NWN1 than NWN2 as NWN2 was just crap in multiplayer.
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It's an online game? LOL We need a new internet connection plan now lol
  7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, I don't remember Cryptic having a hand in these in the past, or Atari, what happened to Bioware? Either way, I'll be keeping my eyes open on this one.
  8. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    bioware stopped making these a long ass time ago namely when black isle got done they became troika which went kaboom then came Obsidian but basically theyve all failed to provide stable games since those gems years ago namely BG and BGII SoA even now with NWN2 with crossfire 5850s the NWN2 runs like crap averages 45 or so FPS in crowded fights roughly the same performance of my old 8800gts 640mb. Mask of the Betrayer ran much better but the 3rd expansion Storm of Zaherir or w/e broke mask of the betrayer so yea not been a fun ride. My guess where Obsidian failed aka former black isle staff.

but yea

Biowares name will be on it for some things but basically its usually been former black isle staff working on NWN my guess is after so many failures on the staffs part they were passed over by the rights holder aka Atari looks like they decided to give someone else a shot at giving the series new life and well hopefully better optimization.

so far tho they all pretty much fail Bioware isnt so much RPG maker as they are action now and Black Isle and its reincarnates made great games but always full of bugs and serious issues.. VTMB from troika NWN2 from Obsidian etc etc. Biowares broken expansion to Dragon age dosent inspire confidence from them either. Hopefully Cryptic studios can do a better job and give us a new fresh spin on the series and have it actually run properly but since Cryptic is an MMO developer i wont hold my breath....

namely

City of Heroes / Villains - sold to NCsoft who acquired all of the team dedicated to this franchise

Champions Online - when Marvel Universe was canceled they salvaged the game by changing it to champions online

Star Trek Online - newest game released by them currently
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather have to see Ptolus campaign setting instead.. Forgotten realms is nice, but we need a new atmosphere for DnD..

in anycase, seeing Drizzt do Urden or good ole Cad' in game would be interesting this time around..
  10. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    so that means no monthly fee?
  11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    We need some thing like NWN1 FREEDOM no need to worry about what another party member is doing or even what a server is running. A tool set that was actually fun to use and not a pain in the ass like it was with NWN2.

I don't hold much hope really as the flaws with area creation i see even in Dragon Age which was path finding or being able to click a place and move to it. Was the same deal with NWN2 when making area's. Worsed part of that was once you gotr it how you wanted you would find that parts were not click.

End point is that with NWN1 people could go were they wanted without dragging everyone else with them and it was so much fun adding area's to NWN1 modules.

Basically the opposite of what nwn2 was except for the story.
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  12. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    yes

nwn1 if you can hear me i love you
  13. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    This. I wonder if the new NWN will be based on 4E. Probably......Blargh.......
  14. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ugh gross it just makes me feel dirty and not good. 3.5 or bust.

EDIT: also don you need to DL those campaigns i showed you you dont understand their awesome. I think at one point i even got a little emotional.

EDIT2:: I really REALLY hope this isnt open PvP. If any ARENA based. I hate it when im trying to enjoy the actual campaign and im walking through town and some punk 14yr/o runs up after a 9 hour grind session and rapes me out of some ally. that SERIOUSLY agrivates me. I hate online games barring GW for THIS reason. I dont care if im beaten. but people dont leave you alone. You cant even enjoy some games with some of the player base they have.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    AsRock says thanks.
  15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. If they recruited Savatore to assist with the storyline, this could be an a great game.
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  16. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah if they look back to the roots of the game.

Been thinking of starting a NWN1 server again but it took a lot of my time before due to adding stuff to the modules ( which i think i have a few still ). Like extra areas new creatures locked chests that require a thief skill which if broken would destroy the contents. Then we had a second server with the same modules of the default campain and made then harder for the more experienced we even got the last addon working pretty dam well in MP too.
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  17. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Very interesting take on the MMORPG or not for that matter...

Intrigued but equally doubtful, I will be happy to watch as it develops though.
  18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I haven't read any Drizz't, but have read other Forgotten Realms books by Salvatore.

I'm willing to bet that the "magic plague" would heavily feature.
  19. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    You owe it to yourself to pick these books up; they are classics.
  20. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 of 3 books, hardbound, of The Knights of Myth Drannor series though, still finding the 3rd book at a bargain price. I bought those two for just under $9.

Let's just say I'm not really that sold with a drow. I am a Lawful Good Human Swashbuckler-Wizard-Eldritch Knight after all LOL
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  21. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    what type of MMO is this comparable to?
  22. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    wth, youve lost half your childhood! :p This guy made the whole dual sword wielding / fast moving / agility based kind of character bad ass.. and mind you that was in the early 90s.. before any big eyed anime stuff made it a staple for the stereotypical emo-assasin character.

In anycase, yeah.. I think there are reprints of Dark elf Trilogy circling about.. You can check PowerBooks or FullyBooked store in the phillipines afaik ;P
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010