1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Nvidia driver 196.21 & Precision...

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by Mindweaver, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys just installed new Nvidia 196.21 Driver, and Precision 1.9.0... and they do not play well together. I checked over at evga's forum, and they are aware of the problem and are working hard to resolve it.

Also, user's on the forum have reported MSI Afterburner overclocking utility not working either with the new drivers. So, I wouldn't update drivers until this issue is resolved. I wish I would have know this before spending around 30 minutes uninstalling the driver, cleaning the reg, and running driver sweeper a few times.. err you guys know the drill.. :toast: Oh well, live and learn! :banghead:

Know problems
    Shader Clock doesn't show
    Overclocking doesn't work
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Dont worry about it evga are fixing it, i heard about that too i heard there was another problem with the drivers and nvidia are posting them back up on the nvidia site again cant remember what it was. It may have been the down clocking wasn't working correctly.
  3. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll let mine sit overnight, too tired right now to play with it. Will do it tomorrow.
  4. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    known issue. nvidia screwed up in this release. everest, rivatuner and everything based on it are affected. gpuz works fine though
    Mussels says thanks.
  5. cat_fish_1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My GPU Physx doesnt work with this releas :S have to play dark void without now..