1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New nVidia drivers just released WHQL Forceware 90.31 drivers !

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Rodster, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Rodster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have second thoughts on the new 91.31 drivers

I hope I like the new Contol Panel i've been reading about. I guess i'll find out soon enough. :)
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  2. Rodster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have second thoughts on the new 91.31 drivers

I don't like the new driver set particularly the new Control Panel. I find it very instrusive and downright annoying.

For starters I get a message on boot up telling me it's disabled SLi mode because I have one card, no sh*t sherlock. If it appeared once ok but everytime I boot up I get this message. I went into CP to try and disable it, can't find a way to turn it off.

CP appears in the System Tray on startup everytime I boot up. I switched to classic view and went under tools and disabled NVtray on startup. Well that doesn't work because it re appears when you bootup again and it automatically turns itself back on. OK so I went into MSCONFIG and disabled it in my startup. Guess it doesn't care cause it reappears in my systray when I reboot and of course the lovely "SLi Mode has been disabled" message as well.

How in the hell did this crap get past beta? :banghead:

I guess i'm going back to 84.21, don't need the aggrevation.
  3. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I had absolutely no problems with Nvidia forceware 90 on Darth Flatulence. Though, catalyst 6.5 does give me some troubles on my main machine lol. It configured "smartgart" each time my computer started. It overheated my card and the drivers gave me less performance then 6.4. So now I'm running 6.4 with the latest DX9.0c.
  4. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My PC also configured "smartgart" every time I started my PC but a thorough driver cleaning and reinstall of the 6.5's stopped it. I am not convinced they are any faster than the older ones, but they are stable so I stuck with them.
  5. Rodster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Another update

I went to the nZone forum and it appears others are pretty upset that the SLi Balloon Message pops up for them as well on bootup. Someone thinks editing the Registry can fix this.

This is unacceptable for a WHQL release. What's even worse is that this release is causing more problems than the 84.21 driver set. Two users reported their fans quit working on their card.:eek:

They went back to the previous release and all is well. I guess I decided to do the same. :rolleyes: