1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New or used raptor HDD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Hawk1, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got Vista ultimate and am considering a raptor drive for it. If I can get a new 74GB Raptor or a used 150GB for the same price, which would I be better off with, assuming the used one still has at least a couple of years warranty left. I dont think I will really need the 150GB immediately, but I'm sure at some point in the future i would use that space. Any suggestions or pitfalls I should watch out for in a used drive? Thanks.
  2. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Extra space is always nice, warranty doesn't matter too much as a second owner...
    They are enterprise level drives so they are pretty solid built..

But always beware of the seller, make sure you trust em because you don't want to pay for a bad drive.
    Hawk1 says thanks.
  3. fafa21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    have the person who is going to sell you the used drive run S.M.A.R.T and send you a screan shot of the result he gets
    Hawk1 says thanks.
  4. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the reply guys, but the guy doesn't think there is any warranty on it (he bought it off ebay a while ago). Think I'm just going to bite the bullit and buy a new 74GB one. Thanks again.