1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New PSU at last!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RCoon, Dec 7, 2012.

1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Ok so my darling OCZ has been running my system like a champ for some time, but I've had one or two things tugging in my head to get myself a more reliable and 80plus rated PSU. At the moment i want to add some SSD's and HDD's to my system, but the only SATA power connector is stuck between the DVD drive and one of my other HDD's - the power goes round the back. So I need a few more SATA power cables and i need some extra wattage headroom for my cpu and gpu's and decent ripple control. Not sure how close to the bar i am on my 850w at the moment (you can see my system specs), maybe I'm just being too paranoid at meeting the power requirements.
    Looking for something with 4 x 6+2 pins, and at least 3 seperate SATA leads, one for 5.25 bays and 2 for the rear HDD bays(or one with at least 6 SATA connectors on the rear lead).
    I'm looking at spending as close to £100 as possible, and saw this Antec 900w:
    http://www.cclonline.com/product/80...amer-HCG-900-Power-Supply-Unit-900W-/PSU0337/
    Jonnyguru gave it 9.5, or do i need moar wattage?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Nah you'll be more than fine with something like that. That looks good, or you can go for the Corsair TX850 V2 which is about £20 less.
    RCoon says thanks.
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    That has 8 SATA connections, how are they laid out? If it's only 2 leads and 4 connections per lead, that will waste 2 connections running from DVD drive round to the back of the case to plug the end in a HDD.
  4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  5. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received: