1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New release of Company Of Heroes, is this possible?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hayder_Master, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    hello guys, and hello again for who love this game, im just want to ask if anyone hear anything about new company of heroes, i hear maybe there is a new release about Vietnam war is that right or just dreams.

thanx

copenhagen69 and 95Viper say thanks.
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    ? where are you hearing this from. Links would help

3. Muhad

Muhad

Thanks Received:

You might be thinking of Call of Duty: Vietnam.

http://modernwarfare2cod.com/2010/01/11/call-of-duty-vietnam/

Let's pray they don't do to that game what they did to MW2.

4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I doubt they'll make a Vietnam War CoH, there will be too few major missions for a campaign, I doubt they'll include "bombing missions" to make it longer. Unless they'll include the French-Vietnam War, or more still if they include all the major Indochina Wars (France-Vietnam, US-Vietnam, Cambodia-Vietnam, China-Vietnam), which I also doubt they'll do too.

5. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Hm nearly 10 years of conflict is enough to have a campaign and several expansion packs! :toast: I'd really like another coh though, can't get enough of that game, if feels so "natural". Like the little dialogue the units burst out "jerry, we're coming for ya or engineers, you might learn something from this". Its such a joy and beauty too btw, for an rts. I don't know if it will work in "nam though but I'm sure relic can do a good job bout it.

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    As I have said, the length of time of the Vietnam War is a minor detail for another CoH. What I'm saying is, most of what happened during those 10 years aren't exactly easily implementable in an RTS like CoH, unless they really plan on "keeping it short" and focus on the early successes of the US at the start of the war, skip the middle part where the US went to Cambodia and Laos as well, and then proceed to when the war was about to end.

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if we get another CoH, it'll likely be as fucked up as dawn of war II, and be a top down squad RPG instead of a damned RTS.

8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Which I don't want to happen; I lost interest with DoW II halfway through the campaign. I'm not feeling the "RTS feel" in the game. If I wanted an RPG I have other games for that.

9. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i love CoH. its one of the few RTS games i just never get bored of, and a total noob can whup an expert player due to its randomness.

its also well balanced with few exploits, so its just damned fun (and the AI is a cheating bitch!)

10. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I on the contrary think it could pan out really well, there were a lot of search and destroy missions in nam, it could work really well in coh if you look at the grand scheme of coh strategy and maps. For instance, think of Ia drang and khe san, that would be combat ala coh style. You got a point bout cambodia bombings though, but there were also a lot of special forces involved in the war behind the lines, like the missions in COH - opposing forces, where you led canadian special forces.

I never got into DAW II but from what I've heard, it'd better not be like it. Even the 3rd coh was a bit squad based. I love the first and second much more.

11. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    all three CoH's are the same game, but yeah the last expansions SP was basically squad minigames, and all it added to MP was 1-2 units (that took out an old unit, to replace it)

i hope it didnt give them the idea of a squad based CoH2, we're lacking good RTS games right now.

12. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    If you like CoH, try the free mod Eastern Front's. Let's you play as the russian's, introduces a whole new type of play.

13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    lol, ucked up like most sequels are. The last addon was interesting i thought and fun but so dam short. Would be very cool if they could add other country's in COH or at different time lines even.

Only real thing ucked up in COH at the moment for us is AI on expert even more so if you have the Brit AI on. Expert AI force you to use maps with bottle necks on them and with brits you need destructible bridges as they cheat their asses off.

I don't need a COH 2 i just need more maps (4+ player maps )which seem to be rare these days. Currently play 1-2 games a day with a friend or 2 is much fun.

14. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    digibucc says thanks.
  15. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    new Company Of Heroes? wait wait, still got my hands full with Men Of War , give me a moment

16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  17. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Oh shit sorry for the mistype! :laugh: Corrected it.

Theres a ton of maps.

18. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    damn you, don't say that. But you're right about it being replayable. I download new maps all the time and I want the Soviet army mod. Damn dial-up:shadedshu

19. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:

i see it in some Arabic forum, just someone throw the post and leave me searching from 2 days in google, so after he give the link it was an mode for COH :(
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/company-of-heroesvietnam

20. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Sadly played them all lol.. http://www.thenewterror.com/coh/ ( just the COH added :) ), I currently have 514 maps ( 3.97GB) and it does tend to slow the startup of the game some.

21. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Lol! Well i tried! :toast:

What about the Eastern Front's mod, they've added some map's there as well.

AsRock says thanks.
  22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well thanks for trying :p :). Not tried EF actually how many maps is there with it ?

23. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    TBH I'm not to sure, a dozen maybe? They SHOULD be labeled separately once you install the mod. But I can't recall..