1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Rig Not Performing like it could - Help please!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Nahnken, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Nahnken

Nahnken New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I finally decided to upgrade from my system that I built about 2-3 years ago. My new rig is listed in my Sig and I've done some basic tweeking in the BIOS for some simple Overclocking.

I've run some benchmark test with PC Mark06 and can never get this thing to hit over P9000. I'm going to attach both CPU-Z and GPU-Z screenshots for a bit more information, but any help that could be offered would be great. I know this rig is capable of much more then it's putting out, I just can't seem to get it to be stable past where it is now. During benchmarks, CPU temps have always been bellow 50c and GPU bellow 55c. I was considering going to a liquid cooled system, but I've got 3 more Thermaltake 120mm fans comming that will fit into the optional slots in the Armor+ case.

At one time I was able to get the Memory stable at 1066, but I can't seem to get back to that atm so I'm back to just running it at 800. Also I had the CPU at 3.10 stable but have backed it down until I do some more research. Thanks for your time reading this and for any advice that you can suggest. Just saw on the CPU the voltage didn't show up. It's currentlly set at 1.280v which is default.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Damian^

Damian^ New Member

Thanks Received:
    When you say your rig is not performing like it should what do you mean? In your post you just complain about poor overclocking.
  3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most 9850's dont go past 2.8ghz so your pretty lucky you got that far.
  4. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    You haven't specified if it was slow in benchmarks or games.