1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New router

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Satchmo, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Satchmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    ive been just about fed up with this POS $45 Dlink DI-524 router with very low throughput, constant restarts and yada yada...

so i ordered the best router ive heard of

D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless Gaming Router

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127158

its got giga-lan, 108mbps wireless, and all that gaming fuel marketing BS.

Xfire had given it some best router award, from all the articles ive read its on of the best routers out there despite its $125 price tag.

anyone have it? or know of someone who has it?

if anyone knows of any articles or general info about the router, id sure love some.
  2. cjoyce1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a ACER gaming router, had the same problem when i started to use xbox live. soon as i upgraded the firmware, the router started acting normally.

try upgrading you router firmware before spending more cash on a router that you may not need.
  3. Satchmo New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh no no i have the most up to date firmware, ive contacted dlink, and watched the power light blink, and the whole router restart as i was speaking to the tech guy.

di-524 is a cheap piece of junk

now like i was asking, can anyone who knows anything about the Dlink DGL 4300 or similar please post some info?