• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New StarCraft Artwork and Screenshots Published

I hope they release the system requirements sometime soon as I would like to know when I need to get a new computer :)

You wont need one, and yes Im positive. The game is less intensive than COD4 and you can even play that at med/high. ( I did it with a X850pro&P4)

where's all the zergling hordes!!!!

was my absolute favorite tactic in SC1 - amass near about 140 zerglings and swarm your enemy. Aside from how quickly zerglings could bring buildings down - usually the confusion of so many attacking forces would throw an opponent off as they went into panic mode to try and get things under control. Hell, you don't even have to comander the swarm - just let 'em go . . .

meanwhile - get another horde brewing for the kill (if need be) :D

Zerglings are pieces of crap. Only a complete n00b falls to Zerglings. For example, half the Protoss arsenal eats lings for breakfast. Zealots, Reavers and Archons are particularly effective. Anything else does the trick with just a few Zealots to tank. Terran has Marines+Medics, add some tanks in the back to speed things up. Oh and Battlecruisers are surprisingly effective as well.

Zerlings as support for hydras/sunkens or to burrow at mineral deposits is good. That's the pretty thing of Starcraft though, EVERY unit is useful through the entire game.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
I played a guy once that had the most amazing terran strategy I had ever seen. I thought I was good at the zerg rush! This guy positioned his buildings so perfectly that the zerglings had to run between them in single columns. His bunkers just picked them off one at a time while SCVs repaired the buildings.

I was pwned... over and over again. :respect:

pretty good counter strategy, IMO.

I usually played either the Protoss or Zerg, though. Bad part about playing the Protoss is that the first 15min of a game are critical. If you're attacked that early, you might was well surrender.

On the other hand though - if your opponents don't know to take you out that quickly, you're fairly unstopable once you get up and running.

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
pretty good counter strategy, IMO.

I usually played either the Protoss or Zerg, though. Bad part about playing the Protoss is that the first 15min of a game are critical. If you're attacked that early, you might was well surrender.

On the other hand though - if your opponents don't know to take you out that quickly, you're fairly unstopable once you get up and running.

Actually Protoss were my favorite. I have to disagree about them being vulerable in the beginning though. If done in the right order you could have enough Zealots available to hold off any rush attack, no matter how fast, and shut the game down in a retaliatory attack.
:rockout:

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Actually Protoss were my favorite. I have to disagree about them being vulerable in the beginning though. If done in the right order you could have enough Zealots available to hold off any rush attack, no matter how fast, and shut the game down in a retaliatory attack.
:rockout:

I loved playing the Protoss the majority of the time, I'd play the Zerg for a change up. On rarew occassion, I play the Terrans for a challenge.

For some reason, though, I always had an issue getting a Protoss base underway. Maybe it was just shit luck getting stuck against opponents who'd attack within the first couple of minutes :confused:

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
Man... this is making me want to get the old ass laptop out and re-install the game.

New system won't run it, and the one time I did get it to come up it looked like crap.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
SC2 is a real gamble for Blizzard.
If they do not meet or exceed expectations for the fan base it could tank.
That being said, Blizzard is known for not rushing something out for the dollars and making exccellent games.

Personally, I hope this game is exceptionally good.
I just wonder what they are doing to make it raise the bar for RTS games.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
SC2 is a real gamble for Blizzard.
If they do not meet or exceed expectations for the fan base it could tank.
That being said, Blizzard is known for not rushing something out for the dollars and making exccellent games.

Personally, I hope this game is exceptionally good.
I just wonder what they are doing to make it raise the bar for RTS games.

I agree. The funny thing about Blizzard is that they set the bar for themselves.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I agree. The funny thing about Blizzard is that they set the bar for themselves.

Here is my theory.
Blizzard is goin to release SC2 which will bring that genre up to current levels.
Then they are going to release a cross-genre masterpiece (SC/WC) so that everyone who likes any one of them can delve into gaming bliss and battle each other in any way they want.

Horde raid against Protoss stronghold anyone?

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Here is my theory.
Blizzard is goin to release SC2 which will bring that genre up to current levels.
Then they are going to release a cross-genre masterpiece (SC/WC) so that everyone who likes any one of them can delve into gaming bliss and battle each other in any way they want.

Horde raid against Protoss stronghold anyone?

Hehe, no I don't think that. They've already announced a new mmo, and I think it is Diablo. It has to be. They have already hired the old Diablo orchestra to make a new soundtrack for a "secret" title.

All I have to say is "Nu..Nucle..Nu..Nuclear Launch detected!!" ;P
My favorite was dropping a double dual nuke on someones base while they were attacking me and watching their entire base fade to dust, lol.