1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Swiftech h20-120 has the loudest pump EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by DrunkenMafia, Aug 27, 2008.

1. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I finally got my new build together only to find my new swiftech water cooling setup is noisey as hell.

The pump gives off this whirring sound and I can hear it from the other side of the house. I have now refitted the stock cooler and it is much quieter, although hotter. The swiftech had my cpu idling at 27 while the stock cooler keeps it at a warm 40. Big diff huh

I am going to ring them up today and see if I can rma.

I tried everything and just cannot get it to quieten down, all review rave how quiet the thing is so it must be faulty imo. :shadedshu

bummer.

I have gone from this:

[​IMG]

To this: :shadedshu

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ty_ger New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure that you weren't getting air into the pump due to having the hoses on backwards or incomplete bleeding of the air? The whirring may have simply been the pump cavitating.
  3. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    hey man, yeah originally I had the inlet and outlet around the wrong way which was even louder. But I checked everything and made sure there were no bubbles etc in it. I even took the pump apart to check it all out. nothing. It is just loud!! I have had a few wc setups before and none were like this one. That swiftech pump is damn powerful though. :eek:
  4. kyle2020 Guest

same thing happened to me with my thermaltake bigwater. Sold it on ebay within 3 days haha.