1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

new to watercooling

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by d1nky, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Should do a ghetto water loop with a car radiator lol.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Knight091

Knight091

Thanks Received:
    HAHAHAH...HAHAHA I bet they looked at you like you were from Mars. I went into Home Depot last week to get my case modding things and asked a guy for help. He came over and helped me. Right off the bat I knew more about what I wanted than he did and he looked at me like I was from Mars as well. He happened to be the ENTIRE East coast district manager for Home Depot. I got done asking for things not knows who he was. After I stopped he looked at me and asked if I had any interest running a Home Depot store.... I looked at him like he was from Mars. He quickly told me who he was. Sigh

I have my masters in 3D and game design not running at Home Depot store.... Unless he wanted to give me 100k a year then sure I would run his store. Just know they would have water cooled computers and other tec in the store. Kind of like if the Borg took over Home Depot... Resistance is futile you will get that wood and that paint and be happy with it....ROFL
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  3. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    LOL i asked a plumber about water pump noise, and he said what kind of pump is it, i replied a very small water pump for a computer.

he looked at me eyebrows like the rock, and was like WTF! i explained about watercooling, and he asked why would you put water near electric. i explain more and more.

and hes like ive been a plumber all my life and still dont know what the fuck ya on about lol

he was all mystified and thought i was weird.....

hahahahaaaaaaaaaa
    springs113 and Durvelle27 say thanks.
  4. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    :roll:

You screwing with the helpless bwahahaha
  5. Knight091

Knight091

Thanks Received:

Ya the guy at Home Depot did the same thing. I had the head of pluming and other main guys standing around. All they do is homes and office buildings. They asked me the same thing about water cooling and computers. I told them... think of it as how a car engine is cooled. You have a pump, a radiator, and lines. Works the same way but just on a smaller scale. I think they thought I worked for NASA or something at how they were looking at me.
  6. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    HAHAHA in the end i was like google it!
    Knight091 says thanks.
  7. Knight091

Knight091

Thanks Received:

The project I am working on now is working with NASA and their new space craft....That is if our GREAT President does not kill it from spending cuts. Think of the space craft as a new up to date Apollo rocket and craft.... ya kind of left that out when telling them about water cooling and computers...lol

The space shuttle had some cool cooling. I loved how they never had to take water up with them as that would cost 45,000 USD a pound. The engines made the water with hydrogen fuel cells. By the time they made it to space they had water for the shuttle or the space station. No need for water filters etc. Now why cant we use that in cars etc.... o right it is always about MONEY.....sigh. We went to the moon and back with that tec but we cant use it in a car....BS...
  8. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    sounds like you got a wicked job!

i remember seeing about space projects getting cut, its a shame that something humanity created (currency) strangles humnaities progress! defies belief!

yea its always about money and we created it........

i think we're about 50 years of anything remotely like cars on hydrogen, unless someone rich decides to take the plunge.
  9. Knight091

Knight091

Thanks Received:
    Yes I guess I do have a dream job. They do have test cars using it. We are explores and have so much to offer but we are battling over stupid crap and things that get us no place.
    I always thought if history did not have the dark ages what would life be like today. We are getting NO PLACE. As long as money tells us how we live our lives we will be stuck.

This always makes me want to go into space.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  10. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    cool!

on subject, inlet and outlet on cpu block, which is best to have on top?

they was side by side but im changing it and forgot. i think its outlet top?
  11. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Top but not much difference either way unlike full cover mobos and gfxs which tend to work out best well thought out regarding direction so you cool chip before mossfets but there's not always much to be gained there either.
  12. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    huh? i just wanted to know which port to have on top for my cpu block.... northeners :p

out or in?
    theoneandonlymrk says thanks.
  13. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Doesnt matter in the slightest. Inlet top would be easier to pour the water in and down out the outlet. Outlet top would be harder for the pump to push the water upwards, but then it would fall from a higher point. Probably zero temp difference :D
    d1nky says thanks.
  14. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Some waterblocks require you to use their designed inlet because of the design.

Mine doesn't perform if used backwards.

If you physically mean rotating the inlet top well then that doesn't change anything :)
    d1nky says thanks.
  15. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    well i moved it all around, shortened some of the hose and it seems to be running better?!

i dont know maybe i had a poor contact when i seated it but temps are better, im even closer to ambient than i was and well stupid amounts of vcore still dont break 60*c

5*c away from ambient idle

well at load (stock im great) and when its in uber mode its even better!

(uber mode - http://valid.canardpc.com/2865370)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013