• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New tower 1st water cooled

System Name Red and Black
Processor AMD 8320 8 core
Motherboard ASRock Fatallity 990 Killer
Cooling Raijintek Titan AIO Water Cooling
Memory 16 gig (2x8) ddr3 G-Skill Ripjaw
Video Card(s) XFX dd r9 280 radeon 3gig g ddr5
Storage 250 gig pny ssd
Case In - Win GRone Black
Audio Device(s) onboard 7.1
Power Supply EVGA 750 watt 80 gold full modular
Mouse Logitech M570
Keyboard Logitech K810
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores Never ran it
Ok building a new tower and need some advice from the computer gods !!:respect: I bought a Antec 902 case, have a Asus 1730 board with a AMD 1065 six core cpu (6 months old) from my current tower, 16 gigs of corsair ddr3, a tb Western Digital 7200 sata hd, a dual layer sata dvd-rw and a sata dvd-rom, a seasonic 520 watt modular power supply, and a pny geforce gt 430 video card (1 gig ddr3 -- I don't game so I think it will be ok !) I may install a vantec 3.5 media card reader, but that's no big deal.
My concern is the corsair h60 I got for it. The included installation guide isn't much help, so hopefully, someone will take pity on me and offer some advice and answer a few questions. Do I have to change the backplate for the AMD install ?? How do I do a push/pull fan set-up ?? Do I need thermal paste between the cpu and block ?? What's the best way to clean off the old paste from the current heat sink and fan, so I can apply new paste if needed ?? And -- how much to use ?? Any useful advice would be great !! Pics are better !! Videos make you a hero !! Yes--alot on youtube but not very detailed, or you can't see what they are doing !! Thanks !!:D

System Name The Xinator
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance White LP 1600Mhz 1.35v
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX780 Windforce OC (Rev 2.0)
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB
Display(s) Hazro HZ27WD(V2) 2560x1440
Case Antec 1200 (V1)
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DGX
Power Supply Antec CP-850
Software Windows 7 Pro 64bit
To clean off the old thermal paste, you need to go to your local Pharmacy/Hardware shop and get some Isopropyl Alcohol - I use a brand called 'TIM Clean'

Between the block and the CPU you need a small amount of Thermal Compound. A Small blob in the middle should do it although some folk prefer a line along the middle of the CPU. Your preference really.

If you have 2 fans, the push pull set up speaks for itself, One pushes the air into the Rad, and the other one pulls it out of the Rad. Configure your fan furthest from the outside of the case to push air in, and the one closest to the outside of the case pulls it out (this is to avoid dumping hot air into the case)

Here are some videos -

Thermal Paste Application - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&src_vid=EyXLu1Ms-q4&feature=iv&v=ffK7L0Qj13Q

H60 installation Guide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO9APx2yKrg

Cleaning Thermal Compound - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QUggzDTw4

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
apply new paste as thin as possible
backplate is return to your instalation. if it comes with special backplate use the back plate
push pull fan means you need to use 2 fans, 1 blow into rad and 1 draws hot air from rad

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
First off that paste comes pre-applied to the cooler. You can replace it but why bother. To do push pull you will likely need to run to the hardware store and get four screws to match the ones that come in the kit. Lastly you should use the back plate with the Corsair kit.